Swelly Belly??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Swelly Belly??? Swelly Belly???

Unread 08-02-2011, 08:49 AM
Swelly Belly???

I'm starting my third week post op and I've now purchased a new maternity wardrobe...
I'm a petite person, size 4 usually and my belly is huge.
Even my sons' friends are asking if their mom is having a baby...

How long does the whole swelly belly thing last?
Am I going to need a new work wardrobe too for when I return to work in September???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2011, 10:54 AM
Re: Swelly Belly???

Hey Pony, I hear you. I'm in maternity clothes as well. I love the non existent waistbands. So comfy! I go back to work in September too and don't know what I will be able to wear. From what I understand, everyone is different on the swelly belly aspect. Hope you feel better soon.
Unread 08-02-2011, 11:06 AM

I didn't fully comprehend what swelly belly would be like until this morning. OMG! I look like I'm overdue! Then again, I'm not even a week out.

I haven't tried maternity clothes. Actually, I haven't worn pants since my surgery. I came home from the hospital in my nightgown and bathrobe. I don't want anything near my belly!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2011, 11:16 AM

Hey ladies, I'm have a week on you and still have swelly belly! I'm now calling it my fluffy swelly belly! I have had no pain and an overall easy recovery thus far..... Except for this belly. It's strange how some of us get it and others don't. I'll be patient until 6 weeks and hopefully by then it will be gone. However, I've read other posts that some have it for 6 months. We can form the "swelly belly club"!
Unread 08-02-2011, 11:23 AM

Oh man, I don't want this for 6 months! I'm already fat as it is, and all my fat centers in my belly, so people are always asking when I'm due. Make that fat belly be swollen even more and people are going to start asking me how many I'm having!
Unread 08-02-2011, 01:27 PM

Thanks ladies! I'm in for the swelly belly club! I've been joking with my friends that the "twins" are doing fine... One of my friends thought I meant I was able to keep both my ovaries, silly girl,,, only one there now...

The worst is when you run into someone and they just assume you're pregnant and start congratulating you. How do you respond to that???

When I went into the maternity stores to find something comfy to wear, I told the ladies right out, "I'm not pregnant I just had a hysterectomy and I need something comfy to wear". They immediatly understood and started to tell me about their hysterectomy or their mother's. My husband loved that. He said" See honey you're not alone, women everywhere are going through this". He's the best!

It was a hard decision to hit the maternity stores for clothes. I thought I'd long said goodbye to them, but it was the best decision I made. I feel so much better emotionally, knowing I look pretty and I'm soooo much more comfortable.

If I still have my swelly belly in September it will be hard returning to work. I'm a teacher and children sure notice changes and certainly aren't afraid to ask questions. I'll have to prepare my answers well in advance so I'll feel better about it and won't scare any children if I freak out...

Thanks sisters! Cheers to the Swelly Belly Club!!!
Unread 08-02-2011, 04:43 PM

So sorry ladies, but the swelly belly-known at my house as junior-will be with you for a while. I am 13 weeks post-op, and just now having days where I feel normal, whatever that is now!LOL! It does get better, but you may find that if you over-do, your belly will swell. I am still very careful, and try to find time to rest during the day. Hang in there. There is light at the end of your tunnel! Heal well!
Unread 08-02-2011, 06:55 PM

hi,girls
well iam and on 7wks and still hav a very swelly belly and not liking it. i feel so ugly...i no it takes time but my god...i feel so fat,iam not small to start wit but this just adds to it...hope it goes down soon....
Unread 08-05-2011, 07:40 AM

I am 3 weeks post op, DVH and I get swelly belly at night after I do a lot during the day. I think that it is just my insides saying take it easy when everything else says to me your fine. I look great and flat in the morning and by dinner time I look as if I am 6-8 months pregnant. I hope this too will pass and I can feel like myself again.

Mary Beth

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register