First post op checkup | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

First post op checkup First post op checkup

Unread 07-21-2006, 04:14 PM
First post op checkup

Just wondering what they do at your first checkup after surgery. My apt is not until 5 1/2 weeks from surgery but just wondering if they do the whole pelvic thing. That's kind of scary since there was stitches and everything. Had everything removed and have a vaginal cuff. Thanks,
Nina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2006, 04:50 PM
First post op checkup

I Did Not Have A Pelvic Exam ..i Had A Complet Tah ,they Only Checked My Scare..
Unread 07-21-2006, 04:57 PM
First post op checkup

I had a pelvic at my 6 week, but only experienced mild discomfort. He said that the pelvic was done to check the cuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2006, 05:47 PM
First post op checkup

I had my first sppt at 2 weeks, and they just checked the scar. My next was at 8 weeks, and he only looked inside, did not feel around at all. Just wanted to see that the cuff was healing/healed well.

Every doc seems to be different, so you should expect the worst, then anything less will be a nice surprise!

Good luck,
Paula
Unread 07-21-2006, 10:13 PM
First post op checkup

I had my first post-op exam today, 10 days post-op due to lump concern, and all she did was check my incision, feel my tummy and removed one pesky stitch that was poking out. I have another appointment 6 wks post op and she did say there would be a pelvic exam.
Unread 07-21-2006, 10:38 PM
First post op checkup

I had my first pelvic at my 5 week appt. Like you, I was very nervous. My Dr looked and felt inside. Plus he put in a swab to take a culture (yeast). I was pleasantly surprised because it didn't really hurt all that much. In fact, it hurt more before the surgery than after. I did take Advil before hand, so that might have helped. The funny thing is that I read on here numerous times that it wasn't that bad, and all the sisters were right. Try not to worry! My best to you!
Unread 07-22-2006, 02:57 PM
First post op checkup

I had a pelvic at 2 weeks and believe me, it was no picnic. I was surprised that he did it so soon but he said I was doing great and the swelling has nearly all gone down. My next appt is not until September so hopefully it won't hurt as bad.
Unread 07-22-2006, 03:33 PM
3 weeks

My first checkup is scheduled for 3 weeks after. I don't know what she's going to do...hope it won't be too uncomfortable.
Unread 07-22-2006, 04:00 PM
Didn't bother me at all

I had my firts pre-op appt this past Wednesday, 4 weeks after surgery.
Beforehand having a pelvic exam was painful, and I dreaded feeling him palpitate my abdomen while he was checking with his fingers inside. Sooooo.....

I thought itwould be worse afterwards , at least for awhile. But......

Nothing! No pain whatsoever. He did the same type of feeling around as he did pre-op too. The whole reason it was uncomfortable in the first place had been taken out!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register