2 and a half weeks in | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 and a half weeks in 2 and a half weeks in

Unread 01-08-2014, 05:01 PM
2 and a half weeks in

I tried to go back to work one week after surgery lasted only 2 hours. Everyone is Like u have a office job what's the big deal? I took another week because I couldn't handle it I worked Monday and Tuesday and I have never been so exhausted in my life. They took everything so the hot flashes are here and bad. I am so tired of everyone saying I should be fine your young 42 I cry all the time and feel so alone I am so grateful for this site I really just don't say anything anymore and I am still bleeding anyone else with a similar experience I usually am a strong woman but this this I am not dealing with well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2014, 05:18 PM
Re: 2 and a half weeks in

Anyone who tells you that you should be fine after TWO WEEKS, especially given that your ovaries were also removed, needs a smack in the head with the clue bat. (Be sure to smack the young ones twice because hey they're young, they'll be fine.)

Good heavens woman, I kept my ovaries and I was nowhere NEAR ready to go back to work at two weeks! Strong is one thing, but your body has been through a lot, and so have you!
Unread 01-08-2014, 05:31 PM

Thank you just a emotional wreck and nobody gets it not at all If it wasn't for this site I think I would lose it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2014, 05:38 PM

Wow I am sorry. I was supposed to go back at three weeks, but now going at 4. I still have my ovaries, but no anything else. The exhaustion is kicking my butt. People don't get it unless they have been through it. I totally get it and you aren't alone.
Unread 01-08-2014, 07:53 PM

So sorry gHoneyHoney (((hugs))))...it's not easy ...I am at 3 weeks and still bleeding and still exhausted...not going back to work at least another 2 weeks...don't think can handle that...please hang in there...hys sisters are truly awesome!!!!
Unread 01-08-2014, 08:05 PM

I went back to work after a week and a half because "You are young" "You have an office job so what's the problem". I felt the pressure to go back that quick. It wasn't quite a disaster, but it was not the best thing for me. I was an emotional wreck; cranky, crying, tired, sore. I have slowly improved though so hang in there. Just yesterday I was cranky with a coworker and felt so bad afterwards that I was in the bathroom crying my eyes out, and at the same time I was laughing hysterically! (It can be done, I am proof!). I guess I was laughing because I had told myself that surgery wouldn't effect me emotionally, I am strong after all! Whatever!

I was feeling alone and struggling too, (no one seems to understand how big a deal this is to us), until I found this website. Some of the posts get read to my husband, so I believe he understands better now.

Take care and hang in there.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register