Feeling like a princess! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling like a princess! Feeling like a princess!

Unread 09-19-2012, 08:26 AM
Feeling like a princess!

Hi to all sisters and God Bless each and everyone of you that pulled me throught the pre-op stage.
It was 3 wks yesterday and so far the other side is getting better with each passing day.
The first few days in the castle were a blur due to my new best friend (the little green button) and my family said I was a crack up. Kept talking about having to pee although I had a cathider and how happy I was that all the laundry was folded and put away.
My DR was awsome! Found out from the nurses that he was very addiment on keeping his ladies comfortable. The nurses were amazing. Very compassionate with icredible sense of humor. The worst part of the whole stay was not being able to eat solid food until the morning I went home. (Thursday) Up until that time clear liquids and blended food, blahhhh. Dr. wanted to make sure everything was awake amd moving before introducing solids. I'm so glad he did.
I didn't think the first BM was going to come. But boy when it did Holly Molly. Now I can truly relate to all the women that write about before, during, and after that point. Between my hubby and I we filled the house with toxi fumes. I think there should be a new reality show for women experiencing hysterectomies.
The second day in the hospital Dr. started me on a shot of hormone (estregon). Now that little pill is another BF for me. Makes me wonder if I even had any hormones left before the surgery. At this point I have had very little side effects. Which I am truly grateful for! Although the emlarged breasts are kinda cool, not sure if they will stay that way, but enjoying them now..lol...
For the most part I feel great at this point. I made a promise to myself to listen to all of the sisters that have said take it easy and listen to your body. I have one chance to do this right and heal properly. I want to stay on the good side of being on the other side.
I still have ? for the future and fear of the unknown, but know where I can come for support and answers. I give many thanks to my God and ask that each and every sister be blessed. We are truely PRINCESSES!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register