Anyone struggling with acne post op? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone struggling with acne post op? Anyone struggling with acne post op?

Unread 10-11-2011, 04:33 AM
Anyone struggling with acne post op?

I am 3 months post (LAVH, kept ovaries). I have been struggling with a fair bit of acne on my face for the past month. It doesn't seem to be getting any better. Anyone else having this problem? Any thoughts why this might be or what to do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2011, 04:46 AM
Re: Anyone struggling with acne post op?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyster11 View Post
I am 3 months post (LAVH, kept ovaries). I have been struggling with a fair bit of acne on my face for the past month. It doesn't seem to be getting any better. Anyone else having this problem? Any thoughts why this might be or what to do?
Hi love

yes i am getting the same mine is not acne but pimples...esp on my forhead....its all hormonal babe it will settle....xxxxxxx i have found that neutorgena products work really well..im getting some today and it always clears my sleep...xxxx

good luck..x
Unread 10-11-2011, 05:45 AM

Yes I'm suffering too. Big horrible sore spots on my neck and jawline. I suffered from acne most of my teenage years, through my 20's and 30's too and up until 2 years ago had spent many years on antibiotics for the condition. I'm pretty upset to see it making a return and because I've spent so many years trying to find out what works in getting rid of it, I know I'll either have to go back on the antibiotics or hope it really is just a brief hormonal glitch. I'm due to see my consultant next week and will definitely be asking about it.

I also have my ovaries and I know that sometimes the ovaries can go to 'sleep' after surgery. I hope if this is the case they wake up soon.

But you aren't alone... it is horrible though isn't it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2011, 09:15 AM

I started getting awful painful cystic acne shortly after my TAH. At my 4 week check with the gynecologist we talked about my symptoms and realized my ovaries had quit working and I was getting acne (as well as hot flashes, night sweats, and assorted other fun). She didn't want me on any oral antibiotics that soon after my surgery, so she prescribed topical cleocin (sp?) and told me to make sure I was using hypoallergenic soaps, lotions, etc. She also put me on vivelle-dot. My acne is less, but I'm still getting new spots every once in awhile. I've always had some acne, but not the awful painful cystic spots since I was a teen (I'm 49). Good luck getting a handle on it! I know I was frustrated as anything to have my face hurt in addition to everything else!
Unread 10-11-2011, 01:14 PM

i too had acne the first few days its hormones and they are out of wack. I used to get bad acne and boils looking things around lips when my period was going to start,. It has stopped finally
Unread 10-11-2011, 03:52 PM

I found Neutrogena Stress Control lotion has made a huge difference in my skin. I have always struggled with acne and would never leave the house without foundation. Well, after using this Stress Control, there were many days this summer that I went out with a bare face. I use the lotion and not the wash. Apparently it has the right combination of ingredients in the right kind of pH to be able to be an effective exfoliator. I hope this helps.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register