Terrified to go through with this | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Terrified to go through with this Terrified to go through with this

Unread 09-15-2008, 06:02 AM
Terrified to go through with this

Ok so I finally went to the doc last week, I had been dreading it b/c i knew it was not going to go good. Yep you guesses it, Vagingal Hysterectomy scheduled for December 17. I am onkly 26. I am terrified on what to expect. I really want to call and cancel this. Anyone with any advice?? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2008, 06:05 AM

its very normal to feel scared and nervous when facing surgery. what is the reason your dr feels you need a hysterectomy? just do lots of research, get a second opinion if you are unsure, etc. you have lots of time to think about things and thats going to be hard, but its also good to have the time to look at all your options. good luck
Unread 09-15-2008, 06:52 AM

Pelvic pain-unexplained and terrible menstral bleeding which can not be controled by any other method. I have been hitting the internret alot. Some of the stories/cases are just plain terrifying. My mom almost died during hers. I just don't want my kids to have to go through what I went through with my mom. They are only 5 and 3. My husband is behind me 110% so that makes me feel better. I just am afraid of surgery but I know it is for the best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2008, 07:11 AM

Girlfriend, I was terrified of surgery! I must have bugged the anesthesiologist a hundred times about waking up and such. He reassured me that my Dr. was one of the most skilled surgeons to perform surgery and gave me the stats on how many of the same surgeries were performed there daily. It made me feel much better. Plus, another woman around my age was having it done the same day as I, so we connected and talked on up to going back for surgery.

This board was such a help for me before and after surgery. I think you will find it helpful, too.

Best wishes with your upcoming surgery!
Unread 09-15-2008, 08:03 AM

I understand fully what you are going through.Mine is on Oct 20.I have 2 little boys 1 and 2.I am terrified that sonmething will happen and my husband will be left to raise them on his own.I have found all the stories here very encouraging and supportive.I don't know what I would do without this site.My husband is also 100% with me and wants me to have a better quality life.I am 32 still quite young.I really want to be a better mother and wife for my family.I have also been told that with all my issues there is no other choice.I have 3 opions now and have been told the same with all 3.so I am certain this is going to help me.I am too am terrified but it really helps to talk to people and let them know how you are feeling.I hope you can find some comfort from the sisters here.Wishing you well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register