It gets so much better! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

It gets so much better! It gets so much better!

Unread 12-27-2005, 07:27 AM
It gets so much better!

For all you ladies out there that think it will never be over, let me tell you that it has been 3 months today that I had my surgery. For some time now, I never would have known that I had the hysterectomy if it weren't for a scar and the lack of horrible periods! I feel wonderful. I look back on the past three months and I barely remember the negative points (constipation, swelly belly, the shelf over the incision, etc.) I have energy again and I can wear whatever I want to, not having to worry about if I will ruin another pair of pants! For those of you who haven't healed as quickly as I have, I pray that it will soon be over for you and that you feel as good as I do!
God Bless all of you and Happy New Year!

Madonna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2005, 08:57 AM
It gets so much better!

Thank you so much for your positive message! It has been three weeks since my surgery and there are some days I wonder if I will ever stop being sore and get my energy back! You certainly brightened my day
Unread 12-27-2005, 09:07 AM
It gets so much better!

Oh, I cant wait until I sound like her!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2005, 10:51 AM
It gets so much better!

I'm about 11 weeks out now and feeling great! I still have a little numbness a couple of inches above my TAH incision, but I barely notice that. I'm still finding and discarding all the stained underwear from so many disastrous periods and replacing them with nice new ones! I cannot believe how much better I feel now since my surgery, I really did not know how crummy I was feeling on a regular basis because I had simply gotten used to feeling that way. Life is great!
Unread 12-27-2005, 11:46 AM
It gets so much better!

oh Me too! Everything went fantastic, in fact if I had known I would of felt "this good" afterwards, I would of had it done 4 years ago, saving myself four years of needless pain & suffering. In fact, for the first time in years I can sleep on my tummy again! My hubby & entrie family has also noticed a drastic change in mood (hubby is especially happy) it is good to Laugh again. I feel like a Brand New Woman!
(thank you Jesus)
God Bless You All
Ronda
Unread 12-27-2005, 12:30 PM
It gets so much better!

Thanks ladies I needed that! Sometimes I think to myself what in the world did I get myself into? Glad to hear some of you are feeling so good. Patty
Unread 12-27-2005, 02:17 PM
It gets so much better!

Been 4 months since mine, and to tell you the truth, almost forgot that I've had a hysterectomy, except that I'm no longer anemic and I am feeling absolutely wonderful! No pads, no bleeding, just lots of energy these days. Sex is better and libido is great! There is a rainbow at the end. Worrying about the operation beforehand was the worse part of it all.
Unread 12-27-2005, 07:35 PM
It gets so much better!

Thank you for your words of encouragement! Looking forward to brighter, pain free days
Unread 12-27-2005, 07:47 PM
It gets so much better!

Wow,

I wish I felt as great as you. My surgery was on Sept. 19th and I do not feel as good as I would like to-however, I do not miss those horrible periods one single bit.

Did you keep your ovaries? I lost mine and think that I am not quite up to par yet due to hormone issues.

I did have quite an extensive surgery with a vertical cut, adhesions to the lower bowel and lost over a liter of blood-am happy to say, however, that my Hgb is now up to 14.5. I am still very tender to the left side of my incison and I do feel tired @ the end of the work day.

Thanks and to you for such an inspirational post.

Sweet Pea
TAH w/BSO w/vertical incison for giant fibroid uterus weighing 1238 gms.
Endo, adeno and adhesions. On Vivelle Dot 0.075.
Unread 12-27-2005, 09:19 PM
New Panties

I hadn't thought about it before this post, but I'm going to do it!! When I'm able to go shopping by myself, I'm going to buy me some new panties --- ones without those tinged stains in the crotch that no wash would ever get out. I have to keep the granny panties for now, but WOW what life will be like with panties that actually don't eventually get stained. One bonus that hadn't occurred to me before!! Thanks!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register