what flavor gatorade in the bowel cocktail? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

what flavor gatorade in the bowel cocktail? what flavor gatorade in the bowel cocktail?

Unread 05-19-2010, 12:43 PM
what flavor gatorade in the bowel cocktail?

of all the silly things, i found myself in a walmart aisle this morning at a complete loss what flavor gatorade to buy for my miralax bowel cocktail four nights from now...wanted to stand there and just cry!

settled on two, figuring i'll taste which one i want before i mix up the potion, haha! i think gatorade is disgusting anyway, and associate it with all the stomach bugs my family has had over the past decade! but i am following doctor's instructions...

thoughts? suggestions for getting it all down? any sisters out there chugging laxatives over this coming weekend?

am thinking sunday night will be a l-o-n-g night...did i mention i am traveling home that day from my niece's wedding, only 10 hours away from home?!?! (leaving at the crack of dawn to get home in time for the bowel prep; fun!) what a way to wrap up a weekend getaway!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2010, 12:54 PM
Re: what flavor gatorade in the bowel cocktail?

Hey waps.....

We are the same day (hopefully I will get cleared by the doctor this week)!!!

Yes - I was going to buy my "cocktails" today after work. I have to drink magnesium citrate and then do an enema (YIKES!!!!)

Sunday is going to be a long day. I think I have to start that drink after noon on Sunday, so I think I am going to have a nice breakfast with a friend of mine (because that will be the last decent food I have for a while). Then I will start the agony.

I hope that you have a good day too on Sunday........
Unread 05-19-2010, 01:11 PM

Hey ladies-
I will be right there with you on Sunday! I'm seeing my Dr. tomorrow for specific bowel prep/pre-op info, but I believe I'm doing the magnesium stuff too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2010, 01:18 PM

I had to have a colonscopy before the doctor would schedule the hyster and since I wasn't allowed to eat anything red/orange/purple for the colonoscopy (cause it looks like blood inside the colon), I mixed the miralax with White Grape Juice instead of Gatorade......I could hardly taste the salty miralax.....give it a try.
Unread 05-19-2010, 01:28 PM

I was told u could drink anything that wasn't colored I did mine with ready mix lemonade packets as well as the citrate. This makes me want to gag to hear citrate.
Unread 05-19-2010, 08:40 PM

darn, i bought fruit-punch (RED!) gatorade. didn't think about the red color. the other flavor is blue. color probably doesn't matter in this case, but still, i hate gatorade! i didn't want to seem like a difficult patient -- so i didn't bother calling to ask if i could substitute something else. maybe i will. white grape juice sounds awfully sweet, but could be better than the gatorade.

wishing i could mix the miralax with a nice hot cup of green tea, with a bit of honey! --- then again, i cut out caffeine a month ago in anticipation of the surgery/recovery (dropped coffee and tea! boo-hoo! but kept dark chocolate, haha!). can't wait to pick up my daily pick-up again, soon...
Unread 05-19-2010, 08:55 PM

I am drinking my special drink on Monday at 3, my surgery is tues. I am drinking Mag. citrate only. Last time with same surgeon for laparoscopy I had to take laxative tabs as well.
I tried to work the day before on clear liquids and put the prep off until after work. That was a mistake. I had a hard time sleeping and had to go to hospital early. This time I am following timing instructions and taking the day off to relax and prepare.
Unread 05-20-2010, 06:37 AM

I'll be drinking my magic drink on the 27th for surgery on the 28th. My doctor specifically told me to get the lemonade flavor of gatorade. I don't like gatorade either, so it will just make getting it down that much harder.
Unread 05-20-2010, 09:02 AM

I will also be right with you guys on Sunday - I have to begin my prep at 11

I had to use the miralax previously and mixed it with countrytime lemonade - it tasted like the lemonade just thinkened the drink a little

I broke it down into 8 ounce glasses and chugged one down every 30 minutes and then popped a piece of hard candy

I am a easy gagger and managed to completed all of it without getting sick

Good luck - I need to drink the magnesium sulfate (spelling ?) any advice there?
Unread 05-20-2010, 01:40 PM

The tip they gave me was to mix the mag. citrate with
a flavored crystal light and put it on ice and drink with a straw so I will try that. Cheers!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register