post-op 7days | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

post-op 7days post-op 7days

Unread 08-03-2012, 04:25 PM
post-op 7days

I am now 7days post op. I think I am doing well. I had complete hysterectomy.
I have reduced my pain meds. to every 8hrs as to every 6 hrs.
First few days were very difficult-getting in and out of bed and of course bathroom. I am glad to say I can now do all and able to go up and down the stairs without any difficulty. Still tired and have to have naps during the day. I was full of gas and last two days had been difficult, so I started drinking hot water and walk around. getting a bit board-read few books, watched soaps and thank god for Olympics.
I had precancerous cells and have to wait for 6weeks for results to see if it has spread-this wait is stressful.

Thank you all the Hystersisters for their warm thoughts and prayers, it was greatly appreciated.

Willing to answer questions for anyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2012, 11:47 PM
Re: post-op 7days

Hey, it sounds like you re doing well. I coudn't do stairs that soon. Wow! I'm sorry you are having stress with the waiting. I hated waiting on my surgery or waiting on anything like that, just want to get it over. I'm glad you got your surgery done and I'm sure your results will be great. Do you follow your recovery date site? I learned a lot and got a lot of support from mine. Just in case you didn't know you just type in thread Recovery progress for July 27, 2012. Good luck with all your healing!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register