Upcoming hysterectomy (7/16) - I am soooo undecided...MORCELLATOR - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy (7/16) - I am soooo undecided...MORCELLATOR Upcoming hysterectomy (7/16) - I am soooo undecided...MORCELLATOR

Unread 07-19-2014, 07:18 AM
Re: I am soooo undecided...MORCELLATOR

Good decision not to have it. The low risk argument in favor of it is kind of foolish in my opinion as you have no idea if you personally are in the majority or minority. Who would gamble with their health that way. By the way I'm one of the rare people whose so called fibroid was a sarcoma. Fortunately I didn't have morcellation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2014, 01:41 PM

Karen Joy, so glad that everything worked out for you! That had to be amazing to have had that size in you, you must have looked pg to some people. I had two fibroids which I will find out if they were benigned or not, but dr. said he was pretty sure they were. Although I really don't know if he took everything out whole or not. but that is one question I will ask him....
Unread 07-19-2014, 03:56 PM

I was scared about morcellation too because the young doctor at Brigham and Women's hospital that ended up with unknown cancer spreading is one story I have followed because I originally was going to have my surgery there. But my hospital now has banned any morcellation for anyone. I'm not a candidate anyway my surgeon said because I have pre cancer cell and possible lurking cancer deeper in the lining. So if she can't take the uterus out vaginally because of its size then she will do a small incision along the bikini line no more then a few inches. I already have an old scar there from laproscopic surgery.Good luck with your decision. I had breast cancer at 36 that doctors said that statistics showed it probably wasn't because I was " too young ". So it took 4 mos to diagnose me!! They just wanted to wait and see. So I no longer take chances. You never know what's lurking.No matter what the stats are even one person is too many to lose their life or health over morcellation tools. I have my daVinci next Wednesday. Good luck to you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2014, 04:01 PM

My doctor stopped me from having the morcellator because of recent occurrences of cancer and the FDA. I had the tah instead. It was not worth the risk. I went to northwestern hospital downtown chicago and they recommended that it not be used to because more cancer is arising in fibroid cases.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register