New and need advice please - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New and need advice please New and need advice please

Unread 01-17-2008, 03:40 PM
New and need advice please

Thanks very much for your good advise it is greatly appreciated. My doctor basically said exactly what you did.. "No guarantees" (
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2008, 04:13 PM

If you are in pain and uncomfortable all the time and it is interferring with normal activity, you won't regret an informed decision.
I was so much better after, I had forgotten what it was like to not be constipated, not to dread going into the bathroom, not to dread my husband's advances.
If you are in agreement with your doctor, but just might feel better getting another opinion, couldn't hurt.

This is a great community, glad you found it! Was glad I found it before I went in.

HUGS and all the best wishes!

Carol
Unread 01-18-2008, 09:34 AM

Thanks Carol what all did you have removed? Was it by incision? I appreciate the best wishes
Hugs back
Val
Unread 01-18-2008, 10:34 AM

Let's see. When he did the hysterectomy, he took everything, including the cervix - all except the left ovary.

He was going to do a vaginal surgery, but there were too many adhesions, so, when I woke up, I realized he had cut me across my abdomen and it was a "bikini" cut. As if I could ever wear a bikini again. LOL

taking the left ovary out on Feb. 5, 2008. It has a grapefruit size cyst on it right now.

HUGs and glad you are asking questions, the more you know, the less you don't know!

:~)
Unread 01-18-2008, 11:33 AM

Wow another surgery.. just what you wanted eh? I wish you all the luck with your surgery on the 5th. Thanks for your reply take care and big hugs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register