new here and ready to lose weight | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > Twenty Pound Club

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

new here and ready to lose weight new here and ready to lose weight

Unread 10-10-2008, 04:07 PM
Talking - new here and ready to lose weight new here and ready to lose weight

Hello my name is Kathryn.. I am 30 (31 in dec) I have four kids ages 11 (boy), and three girls ages 7, 6, and 4.
I had my tubes tied in May of 2004. had lots of problems. bleeding etc. had my tah bso on october 2nd this year. I already feel better than I have in years. but since oct of last year I have put on 30 pounds. so I want to lose it. I know I cant do very much now but I wanted to introduce myself..
cant think of much else.. dh has been helping me (and learning what I really do around the house).. but I am up and climbing up my stairs in the house...

any way.. thats me...
Kathryn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2008, 05:22 PM
Smile - new here and ready to lose weight new here and ready to lose weight

Welcome Katkat! I also need to loose weight. 25 or 30 pounds also. I am 52 years old, had my hyster in 1989 and BSO in Aug 2008. We could be buddies for weight loss if you would like. I really need some motivation!!!
Unread 10-11-2008, 06:19 PM
new here and ready to lose weight

Hi Kathryn and Dorothy:
I am 54 and had my TVH Feb. 04. I sure do need to loose 20 pounds and also need some encouragement. Can I be your buddy too? It would be nice to be able to check in.

D'anne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2008, 06:52 PM

I would be more than happy to be both of your buddys.
What are your plans for losing the weight?
I have cut down the amount I eat.. right now thats about all I can do since I am just a little over a week post op. and it was a TAH BSO my tummy still has steri-strips on. but I plan on starting to walk as soon as my dr gives me the thumbs up to do so..
Unread 10-12-2008, 07:29 AM

Hi Kathryn:
Yes, you need to be careful and just ease back into it. I started with walking after my surgery but that has been 4 years. When I got my TVH
I had a very active job and I was on my feet alot. Soon after my surgery I
changed jobs and I sit more. I think that has contributed to my gaining the extra pounds I have now. Losing it has been hard because I can't seem to stay motivated after I lose it and it comes back. I need to get in a habit of
exercising and staying with it. I have cut down on my eating quite a bit and now I just have gotten in a habit of taking a salad to work with me. I bought an exercise bike last year and I actually lost 8 pounds on it but got lazy and we are back together again..... :biggrin: I want to commit to at least some kind of exercise 3 times a week for 30 minutes. Then after I stay with that at least 3 months work it into more days. I have also gained 30 extra pounds since my surgery and I really feel it. I remember right after my surgery walking was about all I could do but I did drop 5 pounds just doing that. I started out slow and increased as I felt better.
I think we all get busy and then put our health on the back burner. I wish I were 30 still...... I am 54 but want to feel good about myself and losing 20 pounds would do that I know. I will check back daily with you. I hope you have a good day and I am please to meet you........

D'anne
Unread 10-12-2008, 11:03 AM

nice to meet you as well. I am also changing my whole familys diet..
sugar is something we are cutting out (husbands type 2 diabetic).
I have a treadmill and a total gym and I was using the treadmill up until three days before surgery. (didnt exercise for a week due to my kids losing my treadmill key and I had to wait for it to come in) so I have to start all over.

hope you all are having a wonderful day and are sticking with your plans
any of you watch the biggest loser? I find that gives me motivation after I watch that. its on NBC.
Unread 10-12-2008, 02:34 PM

Kat and D'anne - I would love to be buddies with you guys!!! Sorry I have not checked my postings for a couple of days. We bought a new car yesterday and wow - that takes alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll day. Such a slow process.

ANyway, I had my BSO in August 26th and so I am almost seven weeks out. from surgery. I joined curves last week and went once. I kinda scared myself because the next day I felt twinges and pulls that I had not had before and they were not the kind you get with sore muscles. So I have not been back yet. I am going to the dr tomorrow and I am going to ask just exactly what I can and cannot do. I am 52 years old so I am about the same age as you D'anne. It sure comes off alot slower than it did before.
Also, I lack alot of motivation. I have good intentions but you know how that goes. I lost 25 pounds 9 years ago and was exercising and really liked the way I felt and looked. My father passed away that year and then the stress of taking care of my mom (who has lots of health issues) and still having kids in school, trying to work full time and keep up with the house, I put all the weight back on. So, here I am again. I am insulin resistant, have high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I want to get healthy and get off some of this medicine. On top of all that I am still trying to get hormonal balance after this BSO. That is one reason I am going to the dr tomorrow. (main reason actually) and to discuss what it would take to get off my medications. I know, toooooooo much information. Just thought I would let you all know where I am at.

It will be so much fun to have buddies to talk to.
Unread 10-12-2008, 03:25 PM

Do you have room for one more buddy? I had a TAH 8/27, I'm ready to loose 20 pounds and need help. I was looking into joining curves so I'm glad to hear that 7 weeks might be too soon for that. I've been back to work only two days. While on medical leave I did some walking but I never wanted to go to far. When I would get sore I wanted t be close to home. I'm 47 years old and live in Minnesota. My trouble is that I'm married to a tall thin man who is hungry all the time. I cook and bake alot for him. Even if I don't eat it I swear I gain weight just smelling it LOL.

Thanks for considering one more,

Rana
Unread 10-12-2008, 03:32 PM

I would say there is always room for one more! I need all the help I can get with this. I need a motivational coach and some cheerleaders! LOL!
Unread 10-12-2008, 05:32 PM
Thumbs up - new here and ready to lose weight Sounds like were a team.......

Hi Kathryn, Dorothy and welcome Rana:
I think we might be a team......
Rana both my sons live in Minneapolis. I just went back there in June for a week. Where is it that you live in Minnesota?
Well today is the first day of starting again. I got on my exercise bike for 30 mins and I think I will take the dog for a walk later after dinner. I haven't done much of anything lately so even a walk around the block is more active than I have been in months. You ladies take it easy if you are just out of surgery. Easy does it. I remember that I started slow but it felt good to be getting back into the grove.
I am also married to a tall hungry man who is diabetic. I am hoping that we will both get active again. It is so important to feel good about yourself. I think I will weigh myself tomorrow morning and write it on my calender.
I am going to record everyday what I did so I can see my progress. Tell me what you are going to do. Maybe I will learn a better way.
The biggest Loser is my favorite show!
Talk to you later!... Glad to meet you all. I hope we can all be great friends.

group hug!

D'anne

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register