Hysterectomy schedualed tomarrow! Yikes!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy schedualed tomarrow! Yikes!!! Hysterectomy schedualed tomarrow! Yikes!!!

Unread 11-08-2005, 03:02 PM
Hysterectomy schedualed tomarrow! Yikes!!!

Hi, I am new here. I wrote a message in the getting to know you forum. If you want to know about me and a little about my past that has led up to my hysterectomy. I am only 21! I am getting extremly freaked out. My hysterectomy is tomarrow. I thought I was so ready for this, and now that it is here I am really freaked out and I don't want any of my family to know. Is it noraml to be scared? I am having a vaginal hysterectomy and I have a 5 month old baby. Will I be able to care for her by myself? I have a husband, but he can only take a few days off of work. Your comments are much appreciated. Please tell me anything to make me feel better! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2005, 03:08 PM

Hi friend! My surgery date is tomorrow too! I'm 43 with two kids and a hubby. I'm feeling pretty anxious right now too. I think you should surround yourself by close supportive people. Make sure you let yourself rest and know that there are those of us out there that are in this with you. Good luck tomorrow!
Unread 11-08-2005, 03:46 PM

Thanks so much! Good Luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2005, 04:32 PM
Me Too

I am scheduled tomorrow too! 7:45 AM. I have to be at the castle at 5:30AM. I am doing the two day liquid diet and am on day two!!!

I have been so busy with work and company for the past two weeks I haven't had much time to think about the surgery!
Unread 11-08-2005, 04:37 PM

they didn't put me on a diet??? Should they have?
Unread 11-08-2005, 06:40 PM

Different doctors have different requirements, depending upon the type of surgery that is planned. Sometimes it's just preference; sometimes (as happened with me), it's because there's the possibility of intestinal surgery as well, so they want a full bowel prep. Other doctors just have the nurses administer an enema just prior to surgery. Everyone is different!

Are you having your surgery done by a GYN-oncologist? Usually they are more conservative than the regular GYNs, and that may be the difference...

Audrey
Unread 11-08-2005, 08:37 PM

I am having my surgery done by my regular gyno... my oncologist is four hours away, and we didn't want to have to travel, so my regular gyno is going to do it. Do you think they will give me an enema? That is kind of embarressing! Do you just poop right there? Sorry to sound gross... I would just feel really stupid!
Unread 11-08-2005, 08:41 PM

If you were going to have an enema, they would have had you do it yourself the day before surgery, so I don't think you will have one. I didn't. I told to eat my regular diet the day before. I also had a vaginal hysterectomy.

I do think you will need some help for a while. How much does your baby weigh? I was told not to lift anything heavier than 10 lbs. for 6 weeks.
Unread 11-08-2005, 08:46 PM

she is about 15-16 pounds! I was suppose to stay with my mom, but then today she called and told me that she is just too stressed out to take care of me and my daughter!
Unread 11-08-2005, 08:47 PM

I had my hysterectomy November 9th, 2004. I feel so much better. I am 32 years old and have one child. Good luck with your surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register