Went in for TVH came out with TAH??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Went in for TVH came out with TAH??? Went in for TVH came out with TAH???

Unread 11-30-2006, 08:36 AM
Went in for TVH came out with TAH???

Hello Sisters~

Have any of you went in with the mind set of TVH and ended up with a TAH? My Dr. says he won't know until he gets me in the O.R. if he will be able to do a TVH because he may not be able to "reach" the uterus...

Has this happened to anyone ... what was the reason??

Not that it bothers me one way or another I just wish I knew which way it was going to be done!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2006, 08:50 AM

Hi! Yes, it happened to me. I was told the same thing you were...that she wouldn't know until she "got there". As it it turned out, I had an endometrioma on an ovary that had attached itself to my abdominal wall (we knew the endometrioma was there...just didn't know it had been up to no good!). My surgery was extended because I had been prepped for the vaginal, but the plans changed when the complication showed up. I was fast asleep and never knew the difference . I was prepared for it to go either way and knew I had a great doctor who would do what was best for me. My recovery went well (normally) and I have no regrets. I'm sending you best wishes for your upcoming surgery and a speedy recovery!
PJ
Unread 11-30-2006, 09:56 AM

The reasons for me not being able to have a TVH was due to the severity of my endo.

I was told in advance though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-30-2006, 02:22 PM

LAVH is scheduled with the TAH as a possibility. I have had several abdominal surgeries and adhesions may change how it can be done.
Unread 11-30-2006, 09:04 PM

I was also told that I went in for a LAVH and was told that I might have to have a TAH on top of it because of the endo i had and the adhesions if everything is too big to be pulle dout they go another route so they dont hurt any other organs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register