Have I lost my mind?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Have I lost my mind?? Have I lost my mind??

Unread 03-01-2006, 07:36 AM
Have I lost my mind??

I am a little crazy about all this---my prolapse is not good and what happens if it completely prolapses. I went to ER on Feb/3.......... almost a month ago. The docs there told me it was not an emergency but that they could refer me to a gyno or I could go back to my GP and she could refer me. As I have written-I did all that and saw the Gyno last thurs--he wants to do the surgery soon. I am waiting to hear from his nurse today she told me she would call with the surgery date. This is just taking too long. I am really going to be upset if I have to go back to ER in worse shape than I am in now. Strange too because the only one to examine me at the ER was a nurse and she said that she would get doc's that she didn't know if they would do the surgery inthe ER or schedule it for the next week and was ready to move on that-then the doc who didn't examine me comes in with the different story--that the only gyno on call was already in surgery and that it was friday night--etc.--he didn't even want to see my prolapse??????? What is with that?? So I am walking around with my nerves wracked-can't have a bowel movement except with laxative and leaking urine and everday that goes by my stuff is prolapsing further. I am really upset--I wonder if all woman are treated this way??

And then to top it all off my insurance is not paying for the ER visits!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2006, 08:09 AM
No you aren't losing your mind!

You have every reason to be freaked out, you are having very uncomfortable symptoms, have been given conflicting information, and are nervous while waiting.

I am not having the same problems, but I am wating for a surgery date today as well, it is making me feel NUTS!

Hang in there, don't let anyone talk down to you if you feel something is really wrong and need help right away. I feel the ER doc was out of line by not examining you, you need to talk to the hospital about that and address the charge for your visit with them too, perhaps something can be reduced if your insurance won't pay. Don't give up with the insurance either, sometimes just calling can take care of it, I have to deal with mine all the time.

Betts
Unread 03-01-2006, 08:54 AM
Have I lost my mind??

Thank you Betts

Maybe we can go thru this together. I'll let you know if I get THE CALL today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2006, 09:12 AM
Have I lost my mind??

can I ask if your from canada? that seems nuts to me. how old r u?
Unread 03-01-2006, 09:29 AM
Have I lost my mind??

rosek...USA....Why??? Where are you from?

Yea I wonder how they would have treated Hillary???

I am being nice and hoping for the best--giving all a chance to do the right thing?
Unread 03-01-2006, 09:43 AM
Have I lost my mind??

I am from canada, and shocked by the way you were treated. I cant imagine, I know the hospitals in ottawa are backlogged etc..never the less you should not be treated like this and this is a serious matter, should not be left on the back burner. Im a lab tech (do blood work) etc... Ive seen alot. Unfortunately alot of woman go through this and shouldnt. Very slow process.
Unread 03-01-2006, 10:21 AM
Have I lost my mind??

Sure, I am still waiting...oh it stinks to wait. i am somebody who likes to KNOW EVERYTHING! LOL!
Betts
Unread 03-01-2006, 11:24 AM
Have I lost my mind??

Oh I know rosek.and did I tell you that I pay 4800.00 a yr for health insurance plus it is a 5,000.00 dedutible. I am self employed so it is all out of my pocket.

I started this process 2 yrs. ago but when I found out that my pap came back clean-no bladder infection-and that my uterus was of normal size ( no fibroids) I put off having anything done about it at that time. I am the primary caregiver to a 30 yr old dissabled son. Of course the prolapse wasn't to the stage that it is now.

I don't want to do battle until after the hyst. IF I MUST AT ALL as they still have the knife if you know what I mean.

Trying to wait to see if they are going to do right with this surgery thing and hopefully I'll be no less for the wear.

Just worried scared concerned about if I'm doing harm to myself by all this waiting etc.
Unread 03-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Have I lost my mind??

my god sounds like canada is a better place to be. Thankfully we have good coverage here. I am at a loss for words. You have too much on your plate, I hope you have good people around you, Im astounded by the way things are done down there how the hell can people afford these medical bills
Unread 03-01-2006, 11:59 AM
Have I lost my mind??

Thanks Rosek I do have a wonderful husband who will help out ---I mean the surgery should go Ok. Gyno said I would only be in the hosp for a night maybe 2. I need to be back home to oversee my sons care. Yes the challange for me is afterward.

Oh Our medical system down here is a bonafide mess. And now that medical bankruptcy is no longer an option for folks. I don't know what some do --like me just went with out for years. Couldn't afford it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register