3 weeks post hysterectomy with questions. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks post hysterectomy with questions. 3 weeks post hysterectomy with questions.

Unread 05-08-2014, 12:39 PM
3 weeks post hysterectomy with questions.

Today is my first post. So glad I found this site. It has helped me a lot. I had a TAH on April 15 2014. I was really active before surgery so now im struggling to stay low key. Hard work to relax!!!!! I was seriously lucky and got opportunity to convelance out in the country with two gals that are Massage therapists and are my spiritual guides so it's been hard to be depressed or feel sorry for myself!! I meditate every morning in a medicine wheel garden with chimes and birds and a poodle named Lucy. She has been so attentive and healing. I don't know how I could ever truly repay these gals. One thing I experienced was constipation. If I had to give advise I would say start taking stool softeners!!! before surgery so you have head start. It was like giving birth again. I feel good today and walked about 5km. When can you start walking inclines? Is there a difference between someone going into menopause and someone losing overies and put into complete menopause. I am just wondering. My DR hasnt even spoken to me about HRT. I'm not really having too much sweat or anything. When does it all begin???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2014, 04:24 PM
Re: 3 weeks post hysterectomy with questions.

Hi there,
I cannot speak to HRT, but I can speak to a recovery from a TAH. It is great that you are feeling well and walking. Be careful not to over do. You have till had major surgery and you need to be careful not to over-do. This means no sweeping, raking, mopping, vacuuming, lifting over 10 pounds, etc.
Sometimes when we feel so great we make the mistake of over doing and slowing down recovery. I would be careful with inclines on a tread mill. If you are walking outside, that may be safer.
Good luck!
Unread 05-08-2014, 05:29 PM

Thanks for the great info. All outside walking feel okay since but did lounge all afternoon. So hard to no do stuff when your use to doing!! Amazing Pre surgery I was thinking I'll be back at work by week three....boy oh boy was I wrong. I still have some bleeding but the smell has gone anyway which is good. I'm just waiting for the menopause to start? I would have thought I would be in it seeing as I have nothing left! Such a weird feeling having 5lbs of uterus and fibroids removed. Eight years I avoided this surgery had no idea how much lighter I would feel. Thanks for the info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2014, 05:31 PM

I know what you mean. When I left work for surgery I told my boss that I would read emails at week 2 and help solve problems at week 3. NO WAY!!! I was not up to reading email till week 5, and did not go back to work until week 6 and that was half days.
I am just finishing my 3rd week back and I am still tired!!!!!
It is a long road to recovery and we need to take good care of ourselves.
Unread 05-08-2014, 06:03 PM

Lol.....I said the exact same thing to my boss! I think we have this guilt thing and need to make sure that all is well even if we arent. Good that you listened to your body. Well one thing I've been doing is cooking which I didn't do much of when I was working...I forgot that I am actually a good cook. Having this surgery I thought I'd give up my red wine but seems like my taste buds still like it!!! I guess that is the reward for all the women things we've done in our lives and for our family. 6 weeks of peace and relaxation good food and wine.....I think this is going to be good!
Unread 05-08-2014, 09:55 PM

I had a TAH on the 28th. Before that, I was in the gym 7 days a week doing an hour of cardio on the elliptical and a triner three times a week. With this, I have lost 65 much needed pounds over the last year and am in the best shape I've ever been in.

Screech to a halt! Surgery. I am so glad i was fit for this surgery. Midline vertical incision and started walking the next day in the hospital. They kept me 4 days due to severe anemia and by the time I left I was walking all over. Now I've been home a week and my body is clear that my mind wants to do more than my body needs now. I have to be careful and its a daily struggle for me to make sure I don't overdo it. I'm dying to go to the gym and I'm so so bored! And I want sex!

So lets work together to keep reminding ourselves that we may feel good but it doesn't mean we are healed. Please tell me I cannot ride with my neighbor tomorrow to the gym.. lol
Unread 05-09-2014, 07:34 AM

You cannot go to the gym with your Neigbour!!! You are even newer than, I in post op dept. I did manage a 5km walk and I felt great after. You made me laugh when you said you want sex!!!! That's the last thing I want!!! Im turning into a crone virgin. Lol hope your day is relaxing and you are kind to yourself.
Unread 05-09-2014, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlenechloe View Post
You cannot go to the gym with your Neigbour!!! You are even newer than, I in post op dept. I did manage a 5km walk and I felt great after. You made me laugh when you said you want sex!!!! That's the last thing I want!!! Im turning into a crone virgin. Lol hope your day is relaxing and you are kind to yourself.

Sigh.. Didn't go to the gym but I did do a fairly brisk 3 mile walk. The same neighbor I was thinking of going to the gym with came out and made me go home after she saw I had been walking an hour.. .. Thank goodness for nice (albeit, nosy) neighbors!! Now I have to fill up the rest of this day with activities that don't require lifting, pushing, pulling, stretching, rotating or climbing stair..Yep..gonna sit on the couch and stare at the ceiling..lol..Ok. I guess I'll read..Have a good day!
Unread 05-09-2014, 08:17 AM

I know!!! I guess the big issue is the damage can happen and then it's too late. I replaced boredom with cooking! Watch the chef shows and get inspired! We can keep each other down! Or up!!! 😜
Unread 05-09-2014, 02:10 PM
3 weeks post hysterectomy with questions.

I am exactly two weeks post op. My surgery was on the 25th of April. I have had a rough recovery. Lots of pain, constipation, and weakness. Today, I am feeling better, but I'm so frustrated that I can't do much. I want to clean, vacuum, and get back on track and I can't. I have even cried the last two days for seemingly no reason, except frustration. Anyone else going through the recovery blues? Thanks ladies and smooth recovery for all of you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register