3 weeks post op-seem to have overdone it today? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks post op-seem to have overdone it today? 3 weeks post op-seem to have overdone it today?

Unread 06-28-2005, 06:56 PM
3 weeks post op-seem to have overdone it today?

Hi,
I had a SAH three weeks ago yesterday, June 6th. I got behind the wheel of my mini-van today and drove my greatest distance since surgery. I did put a pillow between my lap and the seat belt. The first thing I did before driving was open the trunk of my mini-van and then closed it without thinking of how heavy it was. Boy, was that stupid. Anyway, I drove to my needlepoint class and sat for 4 hours stitching an ornament for a charity tree. what a mistake. I am definitely paying for it now.
I guess I am confessing my sins to my hyster sisters. Has anyone else done anything so stupid? I guess I have just been bored sitting around and not doing too much.
Thanks for listening.

Amyr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-28-2005, 07:13 PM

Hi I am also in the same boat you are in. I will be 4 weeks out on Thursday I have overdone it more this past week then I have the entire time. Its just you feel good and you dont think before you do. I bent over the other day to do some weeding in the garden bad move talk about twinge and instant pain. The other day I did the mini van trunk door too see your not the only one who is naughty. I havent felt good these last couple of days dh wanted to do something nice so he took me on a road trip and took me to Madeline Island. It was so beautiful but I am paying now for it since we did alot of walking and riding in the car ect. Dont think you are overdoing it until afterwards. Well behave as I will try also.
Unread 06-28-2005, 07:31 PM

I am 3 wks post -op too. I have been feeling pretty good for a few days now but today was more difficult.
Even though I am on disability from work I have some continuing education hours I need to get in before July 30th (30 hrs worth) I can do the CE on line - so I thought I would get started today. I tried to work through the first course.By the time I finished 3 - 4 hours later I was exhausted even though I was just sitting at my computer. I had to take a nap.
I am also very stiff tonight. I did go float around in the pool for awhile this evening and walked in the yard.
I was also much more emotional today.
I have been much more active and busy the last few days.
I think maybe my body is telling me to slow down

Pam

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register