4 wks. post op abdominal pain | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 wks. post op abdominal pain 4 wks. post op abdominal pain

Unread 09-23-2011, 02:22 PM
4 wks. post op abdominal pain

I'm 4 weeks post op today from daVinci. My recovery so far has been pretty smooth and, in fact, I was planning on returning to work part time on Monday. Since yesterday, I have been having quite a bit of abdominal pain. It's not really severe pain, but it's pretty constant and uncomfortable. It's definitely an internal pain, sometimes burning, sometimes achy, like I did 1000 sit ups. I haven't had a fever or any dishcharge (actually no discharge since a few days post op). Has anyone else had this? I'm back to taking Advil regularly which I had been off all pain meds for a week. Heat doesn't really seem to help it. Cold helps a little. I just put my binder back on to see if that helps at all. Any suggestions?

I did call and talk to the nurse because I was a little nervous going into the weekeend. She wasn't super concerned, said it could be from overdoing it or stitiches starting to dissolve, said to lay low for the weekend and take Advil, but she did schedule me to see the doctor on Monday and said I can not go back to work now until they see me again. (Which honestly is fine with me...)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2011, 05:00 AM
Re: 4 wks. post op abdominal pain

Anyone?
Unread 09-24-2011, 05:57 AM

There were a few of us talking about the same thing in the Recovery Dates thread.
Week 3 felt like things were getting better. Then BAM!, week 4 has me feeling like I did a whole slue of ab exercises. Everytime I stand, sit or try to push (like going to the bathroom) I feel it.
You are not alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2011, 02:26 PM

Did the pain get better? I am 4wks post op TVH and yesterday was awful. Pain all afternoon--today is a bit better--but it is like I have shooting pains and cramps. Grrrrr I am scared to go to work too--a standing all day job at 6 wks. Please tell me it is better!
Unread 09-28-2011, 02:57 PM

I am six weeks post op now and I experienced the same thing at around 4 weeks. It knocked me off of my feet, literallly. I had been doing so well it frightened me when I had the pain, it was like the first week, I ended up going back on the high strength painkillers given 30mg codeine. I took it easy for 3 days and did nothing, and it passed. It scared me though and I wonder if I have been over cautious the past two weeks, or was it just my bodies way of saying 'slow down'? I am back at the DR on Friday and am requesting two further weeks off before I go back to work part time, I am still very tired during the day. it will pass just take it easy
Unread 09-28-2011, 04:24 PM

I did absolutely nothing over the weekend and the pain did go away. I felt pretty good Sunday and Monday. Saw the doc Monday and started back to work part time on Tuesday. Wow, I was not prepared for the sheer exhaustion and discomfort, aches and pains. Ugh...not fun...
Unread 09-28-2011, 04:49 PM

Hey Constanz,

Yes I am more achy on my left lower incision than when I was just completely taking it easy. And when I worked without my full binder I had pressure and I know I was straining to compensate holding my tummy in. That may be what you are also experiencing with the tiredness/pain like you've been doing situps.

All I can suggest is try wearing the binder to work as well. Also, I am back on the OTC motrin in the evening as well.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register