Pillow Police ? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pillow Police ? Pillow Police ?

Unread 09-12-2002, 07:40 PM
Pillow Police ?

Hi Everyone!

I have been voraciously reading every post now for weeks, while I try to organize everything for my castle date: 10/9/02.

I found a post with a link for a computer laptop table that fits over your legs in bed and got approval from my work to order it and they will pay for it.

So my question is - is it likely I will be able to spend a 1/2 hour or so several times a day online in order to manage my disability cases after about a week or so?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2002, 07:56 PM
Pillow Police ?

Hi emcats!

I would think this would be possible, but don't commit yourself if you don't feel like it. Take it very slow at first.

After about a week, I found myself back on the computer here at Hystersisters! I would recommend that you don't try it for long periods of time, though.

And remember, some of us have the to deal with as well. I would not even touch my work duties until that cleared some! I would have spent twice the time going back and fixing my mistakes.

Good luck on the 9th!

Denise
Unread 09-12-2002, 08:14 PM
Pillow Police ?

Hello Emcats,

We all recover at our own pace but it would be very wise to speak with your doctor about your plans and see how soon he thinks you could go ahead with this.

I would encourage you to continue reading all the post here. While many have felt physically very well in the first week or two they where caught of guard with all the fatigue or overwhelming emotions they had. This is a physical and emotional experience to heal from. Give yourself the time needed because this is your only chance and I will repeat your only chance to let your body heal. Consider the long term effects of doing to much to soon and remember that proper rest is medecine to your body in itself. Please let us know what your doctor says. Take care,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2002, 09:00 PM
Pillow Police ?

Hi emcats!

The thought makes great sense; you won't feel as pressured to physically go out of your home to work.

BUT just to share with you my own experience: during my first two weeks, I truly and honestly did not feel like getting up to do anything constructive. I got up to go to the bathroom and to kinda wander around to get my blood flowing. I didn't go near the computer for the first week.

Third or fourth week, I might have been able to gradually start doing stuff like you describe, gradually, maybe.... but I think the gals are right: it would be unwise to make any solid commitments until you get home and see how you feel. Not only does the body need the rest, the brain function does, too, to help that healing.

If you can get a new laptop out of the deal, great --- but hopefully you won't bite off more than you can chew workload wise or timeline wise. This is a time for you to really focus on yourself FIRST and FOREMOST.... so please don't make any promises.

<---these guys mean business!

Best wishes to ya - hope everything goes very well for you!

s,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register