3 weeks post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks post op 3 weeks post op

Unread 12-28-2011, 10:25 PM
3 weeks post op

I had a LAVH on 12/8/11. I took it easy for the first week or so. Into week 2 started to do more then I started to bleed. I even ventured out to the grocery store and used one of those driving carts and when I got home noticed I started bleeding. If I do just a little I seem to get very tired and bleed. Dr. says it my body telling me I am over doing it. I am so sick of others saying oh after I had my hysterectomy 3wks and I went back to work. NO Way could I do that. Also just this week I started to get this poking feeling down there like pins and needles. Has anyone had this? Also it takes a lot out of me to sit up for extended periods of time. With all of this around Christmas it was very hard for me. Also if I stand and try to empty dishwasher I start to feel this heaviness and crampy. Has anyone else experienced this? Oh and the mood swings kicked in at week 2. I had my share of breakdowns. Didnt think that would happen due to I still have my ovaries.
Best wishes to everyone for a great recovery. Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2011, 11:00 PM
Re: 3 weeks post op

Laura, I am nearly 4 weeks post op from my LAVH and yes last week was the worst due to prickly feelings down there and broken skin as well. It felt like stitches poking my vagina. Today is my first day without any meds including ibuprofen. So hang in there and be kind to yourself. Don't overdo it.
Unread 12-28-2011, 11:29 PM
Re: 3 weeks post op

Laura, I had the heaviness, cramping, and my hips were aching like crazy at my 2 week checkup so my doctor decided I need a "light" internal exam which showed a lot of inflammation. She told me to take my Naproxen religiously...it has gotten better but things start to hurt an hour before the next dose is due. She also said to continue with VERY light activity...walking...until things settled down. Sitting has been the worst and she stated that it is from the pelvic floor being so inflamed. Additionally, she said to rest when cramping starts, as it can add to the inflammation. Also, even if you have two ovaries they can "sleep" for awhile after surgery. I have one and it's not completely "awake". I had terrible night sweats (getting a bit better) and truly crybaby stuff going on here...blah. This too shall pass! Take it easy...we'll get through it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register