arrogant dr. - 2nd opinion | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

arrogant dr. - 2nd opinion arrogant dr. - 2nd opinion

Unread 05-25-2001, 11:48 PM
arrogant dr. - 2nd opinion

Well ladies, I am fairly new here but my story is growing and now has a date. I was referred me to a surgeon for my new but fast growing fibroid. He was rather to-the-point with me during that visit but I took his suggestions. He dilated my cervix because he thought since it was stenotic it was adding to my cramping & pain since I was trying to bleed through a pinhole. I went back to this dr. on Tuesday for a 3 mos. f/u. He was very insensitive, rude and down right arrogant this time. He said if I came to him with a bleeding problem he could guarantee relief because he was taking out the offending organ. But since I was coming with more of a pain related issue he could not guarantee anything and surgery may or may not help. "Do you understand this concept?" he said. He also questioned if my previous dr. had dx my endo. correctly (the path report is in my file). After crying and while trying to explain my standpoint he filled out the form and said to call his secretary next Mon. to schedule surgery.

Well, I marched right over to the secretary of another gyn. who comes highly recommended. I told her my situation and asked for a second opinion. Two days later I saw her. I explained the whole story to her and told her how I felt about the chauvenistic pig of a co-worker she had. She laughed but assured me that she felt the same way as did all females - patient and coworkers alike - feel about him. She just could not voice it like I can. (He needs a new profession!!)

Well, she did a thorough exam, asked and answered a LOT of questions and reassured me that most of her hysts are for quality of life concerns not JUST pathology. She has scheduled me for 6/11 and will have to do a TAH/BSO and laser any endo. she can find. I am so glad I listened to you great ladies and got that second opinion. Now the tears are from relief. I am now reading THE book and taking lots of notes. Lots of thanks & hugs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2001, 04:46 AM

Dear Aunti, I am so happy that you find a second doctor that was able to answer all your questions. I walk out of on doctors office over the same issues lol and I didn't even see the guy but the staff was rude. Got so angry with thier attitude I walk out and was recommended to my second doctor with the same results kind, patient and anwering all questions. I just wanted to say I had a tah/bso on 4-10 and alot of the symptons of pain before the surgery are gone Of course I still having healing pain but it is manageable with motrin at this point. Keep us posted on your upcoming visit to the castle. Diane
Unread 05-26-2001, 05:10 AM

auntik, i too had a hyster because of pain and bleeding. my dr told me that it may or may not help with the pain. i had my hyster 11-27-00 and let me tell you! i woke up from surgery feeling 100% better! i told my dr that i needed the real good pain pills before surgery not after! life is better for me! its a long rode but worth every mile you walk! ( just make sure you walk it!) not run it! sending you prayers and hugs for you new birth date! thats what i call 11-27-00 my birthday! my second chance on life and its getting better everyday!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2001, 10:15 AM

You were so right to know that there could be better care for you.
I live in a small city where the doc. kept me waiting and hour and a half, the nurse and receptionist were rude, I had to ask for a gown (I was wearing a dress), my cell phone went off during my endometrial biopsy and they offered to let me take the call..... It was a miserable appointment.
From there I took many sick days to drive 6 hrs. roundtrip to find good care in the big city. It was worth it. There are good doctors out there that will see that you are well cared for.
My dr. was fantastic, down to the color-coordinated hand towels in the ladies room, a blanket on the back of every chair and an art collection that kept my mind off of all my troubles. I felt like I couldn't afford to be there, but she was so nice and understanding. Her office also did all the prescheduling of hospital pre-op and took care of preauthorization for surgery.
I knew the moment I met her that I could let her do anything and that I was in excellent hands.
Good luck to you,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register