17 Days Post-OP, still swollen, some pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

17 Days Post-OP, still swollen, some pain 17 Days Post-OP, still swollen, some pain

Unread 09-09-2010, 08:08 PM
17 Days Post-OP, still swollen, some pain

Had a successful LSH 17 days ago but I am still swollen and have weird abdominal pains. It's not sharp pain but strange aches and movements inside. No real problem with gas or BMs, but how can I know things are healing correctly? I've seen some postings on the risk of adhesions, so I am careful about lifting anything. I'm back to work (desk job at home). When will I be normal again?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Re: 17 Days Post-OP, still swollen, some pain

It sounds like you are healing, my understanding is the healing lasts from 8-12 weeks and the recuperation can be from 6 - 12 months

Elaine
Unread 09-10-2010, 07:19 AM

I had TAH 3 days after you and I have the same type of "strange movements" I really don't know how to explain it. Just really feels weird - not really sharp or stabbing. And I am still swollen with swelly belly. Which i have been told can last for months.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2010, 07:40 AM

I too am 17 days post op,,,and I have funny discomforts here and there. Sometimes they are pretty constant in one area...I think I notice that more when I ...sshhhh, might have over done it. I have really tried to take it easy and am very nervous that I will do something that will cause major complications. I have my 2wk post op appt this afternoon, and I'm writing down right now to ask her. I'll let you know what she says. Good luck to all, and remember to put your feet up and REST (i'll try and do the same lol )
Unread 09-10-2010, 01:15 PM

Ok,,,so I'm back from my post op ck and the doctor said that I'm doing fabulous. Continue to rest every chance I get, still no lifting, drive minimally, and she will see me in about 4 weeks. As to the twinges, pangs, funny feelings she said that is all normal, and it sill move from place to place. This will too continue until the healing process is over, and the swelling can take months to go down. So all in all,,,we are doing great,,,Good job sisters.
Unread 10-22-2010, 10:45 AM

I am 10 days post-op foe LSH. Mine was done through one 2 inch incision below the navel. Surgery took 3 hours. I am off pain meds except motrin but still have a pretty swollen belly and some pain. I am still pretty tired as well and tire easily. My incision started "oozing" at 8 days (which it hadn't been doing) but has stopped now and seems to be healing nicely but it is still very tender. For some reason, the left side is extremely sore...even clothing touching it is irritating. It is not red so it isn't infected. I am still having discomfort getting comfortable to sleep at night-it feels like when I lay on my side, my whole belly shifts (like when I was pregnant LOL) I am supposed to go back to work on Monday and I am feeling like that isn't going to be possible (I am a receptionist with a full day of patients and also do work in the back wiping down rooms and setting them up) Everywhere I read, LSH patients supposedly are supposed to be "Better" at 6 days. Am I just being a wimp or is it normal to be taking longer?
Unread 10-22-2010, 12:44 PM

I was no wear near "normal" until 5 weeks post op (now I am 8 weeks and 3 days and just went back to work - 2 evenings a week for 1-3hrs each). We are all different, you need to listen to your body. Even last week I mopped with a steam mop for the first time and I was really uncomfy the next day....when you begin to use the muscles again it is a slow process. If you dont feel like you can alter your work day with your boss, perhaps you can try extending your leave another couple of weeks? Believe it or not, you might find that the next two weeks are table turners for you...they were for me, so I will send prayers and keep my fingers crossed for you. Good luck, and keep us posted.
Unread 10-22-2010, 05:53 PM

Thanks so much for your reply. It makes me feel better reading everyone's posts on here. I don't feel like I am being such a "wimp" LOL Today I had my pee wee cheerleading practice-yesterday I did laundry. Tonight I came home, and my incision is bleeding. It hasn't even bled at all since I had it done. I guess I must be overdoing it. I will not be working Monday. My boss is not planning on me which makes me feel better. =) I will see how I feel and try a half day Tuesday as it will be just me working.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register