Another swelly belly question? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Another swelly belly question? Another swelly belly question?

Unread 09-08-2013, 07:47 PM
Another swelly belly question?

Where was your swelly belly? Mine seems to be the roll above my belly button, making my muffin top even bigger, especially after I eat. My lower abdomen (under belly button) doesn't seem to swell at all. After my hyst, I was swollen over the lower abdomen, but since this hernia and muscle repair, it's all moved up. Could it be that when the repair was done, my organs were pushed higher up in the abdomen and I'm just feeling it there? I almost hate to eat anything!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Re: Another swelly belly question?

I'm not sure on the swelly belly. I've been very fortunate that I've only dealt with it a handful of times.

I have had 4 hernias (total) repaired with 3 during the hyster, and I never had an issue with my organs being (or appearing) to be pushed up. Is there a chance of another hernia? My hernias were all in different places in my abdomen, so I don't know if that's any difference. Is it painful? Discolored?
Unread 09-08-2013, 08:26 PM

I had an incisional hernia repair with muscle re attachment (lower ab muscles were completely detached). The hernia was the size of a small melon. Once the doctor "tucked" the small intestine back into the abdomen, they stitched an 8x10 mesh over the problem areas, reattached the muscles then closed me up tightly. He also removed about 2-3 inches of old scar tissue. The small intestine was outside of the ab cavity. I was just wondering if when they put everything back in, could the organs have been repositioned higher in the abdomen which is why I get the swelly belly up higher? Upper ab actually sticks out further than my boobs, especially after I eat or do to much. The swelling is around my entire mid section above the navel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2013, 08:32 PM

My swelly belly is above my belly button and above the incision. The nurse said there was a lot of "tying" in that area. Not sure what that means. Hugs!
Unread 09-08-2013, 09:10 PM

My swelly belly is low, between my hips, around my belly button. It looks like I'm pregnant. When it's really bad, it swells up to my bra band. It hurts too.
Unread 09-08-2013, 09:22 PM

Mine is both above and below the belly button. I lost a bunch of weight just before surgery and now I am ballooned right out and back into my bigger jeans, which are still too tight after a busy day. It is quite depressing
Unread 09-08-2013, 11:11 PM

Mine was above the belly button but seems to have disappeared after the second week.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register