Scheduled SAH Happy Birthday to me......my surgery has been scheduled!!! YAY! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Happy Birthday to me......my surgery has been scheduled!!! YAY! Happy Birthday to me......my surgery has been scheduled!!! YAY!

Unread 04-13-2009, 11:05 AM
Happy Birthday to me......my surgery has been scheduled!!! YAY!

Hi all! I posted a thread last week saying I have an upcoming hysterectomy but I wasn't sure of the date yet. I kept saying the best birthday gift I could get this year is my surgery (I am so tired of being in pain every day of my life!). Well, today is my birthday (31...MAN am I OLD! lol), and the nurse called me this morning. My hysterectomy is scheduled for May 5th! 3 short weeks away. My pre-op appt is April 28th for my doc to go over the surgery with me and to get my pre-op testing. My eyes will no stop watering right now. I feel so releived to know my pain only a temporary thing right now and I will have my LIFE back, but now, I am scared and nervous. I know I can count on you wonderful ladies for emotional support and some awesome tips for recovery and what to bring to the hospital. Wish me luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2009, 11:30 AM
Re: Happy Birthday to me......my surgery has been scheduled!!! YAY!

happy birthday and congratulations on getting it scheduled
mine is scheduled for the 12th of may
Unread 04-13-2009, 11:44 AM

Hi Kit,
Thank you very much! We are only a week apart! I wish you the best of luck, and thanks again for the response. Im so grateful that I found this site with people on it who really know and understand what I am going through!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2009, 12:13 PM

Krissy!

I had to wait a month between my decision to have a hysterectomy and finding out my surgery date. It felt so overwhelming (in good and hard ways), but it was mostly a sense of relief that I felt. Just being able to put my date in my HysterSisters profile was so exciting, as was signing up for the Hysterectomy Checkpoints.

Our Pre-Op Resources page has a ton of information that I found really helpful--what to ask the doctor, what to take to the hospital, and more. The main thing that helped me was this Pre-Op Forum. Just knowing that other women were feeling the same anxieties and excitement I was made me feel that everything would be okay.

I'm so happy that you have a date!
Unread 04-13-2009, 12:24 PM

Hi Fritzi,
Thanks a bunch for the bday wishes! I have checked out the tips and pre-op stuff a bit. I can say that I AM relieved at this point...I have lost 4 years of my life due to all my problems. My main concern is not that the surgery wont go well (I have God on my side for that part), but more worried about the pain (although I am in pain every day of my life, I am assuming the post-op pain will be worse!) and how it will affect me emotionally and sexually afterwards. Stuff to talk to doc about I guess. If I wasn't so doped up on vicodin right now from my everyday pain, Id try doing a cartwheel (what a lovely site for my kiddos to see...mommy doing acrobats...LOL). I am just a big sissy when it comes to pain! =/
Thanks again though, I appreciate it!! (((HUGS)))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register