Trying to stay Up, not working | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Trying to stay Up, not working Trying to stay Up, not working

Unread 07-28-2003, 08:42 PM
Trying to stay Up, not working

I walked around the yard this evening, watering my plants and flowers, and all of a sudden I felt like crying....I kept trying to think positive That all this awful pain is gonna be gone in a couple of days, replaced by temporary pain Just the thought of not being able to do simple things (for a while) that we all take for granted made me sad...please forgive me ladies, I know it will all be worth it Just feeling a little down and afraid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2003, 08:54 PM

NO need to apologize... ...I don't have my date yet but I have days were I am excited and can't wait for this all to be done..and days when I feel very afraid of going through surgery....
Just remind yourself that what you are feeling is normal..and soon you will be on the other side....
My prayers are with you for an uneventful surgery and speedy recovery...
GOD BLESS
LA
Unread 07-28-2003, 08:58 PM

Hang in there raven... I am feeling a bit anxious too as my castle date is the same as yours. I had a hard time sleeping last night and I feel its going to be the same tonight. Tomorrow night I have resolved will another sleepless night as I will probably be spending alot of it in the bathroom due to bowel prep. Just think we are almost there, we have made it this far and everything will be great. All the pain and suffering from Aunt Flo will be gone, although it will be replaced by temp pain while recovering but take solace in knowing that it will just be temporary. WE have our Sisters here to help us through the next days and they will be here for support when we return newly crowned . Try and stay calm, keep your mind busy and time will go by fast and before we know it we will be on our way to recovery. BEST WISHES and I will be thinking of all my fellow sisters and praying for easy surgeries and uneventful recoveries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2003, 09:00 PM

Thank you so much!.....I am normally a very strong person, but am so emotional with this
I welcome the surgery with open arms Just seems like all of a sudden, everything hit me

I'll be okay though...this site has helped me soooooooo very much!
Unread 07-28-2003, 09:05 PM

Morningsglory, may sound strange, but is comforting to know someone else is feeling as I do! I will say a prayer for you on the 30th and smile for us, because soon, we will have our crown and helping others through this stressful time

Thank you
Unread 07-29-2003, 06:04 AM

I'd say most of us feel this way. As I drive home sometimes I have this overwhelming urge to cry, same goes while working out and grocery shopping.

It tends to hit me every other day so I just tell people I have my good days and my bad days (crying days). It's all for the best and we will be much happier and healthier in the end.
Unread 07-29-2003, 06:54 AM

I was also concerned before my surgery. I am almost 4 weeks PO and have never regretted the surgery. I had not realized how truly miserable I was before surgery, but I felt better the day after surgery than I had in years even with the sugery pain. It was definitely worth it for me. Just listen to your DR and your body.

Remember we lose things that are a part of us and this is the ultimate end to being able to have children so many of us experience emotions about the surgery that surprise us. I was surprised that I was so weepy about the surgery when I was so ready to have it done.

God be with you.

LDovey TAH/BSO
Unread 07-29-2003, 01:24 PM

Man, can I ever relate to this!!
I am so delighted to think the everyday pains are about to be over, then it hits me that the dream of having kids is about to be over too. (Yeah, that one really stings) I even start to console myself with the most trivial things, like never being on my period on vacation again, new (stain free) bed sheets & panties, an entire month off of work (haven't done that since senior summer 1981!!!). and, then there are the times when I can't console myself with either whimsy or chocolate and I have to lock myself in the bathroom and cry! If it weren't for my "freaky hormone attacks" recently I wouldn't have gone to DR for help, and wouldn't have had the ultrasound that discovered the rapid growth of my fibroids. (it's true.. I can rationalize anything)
Anyhow, in my ramblings, I guess I'm agreeing that this is all happening quickly, and I have my fears, but it all happens for a reason, and God won't give us anything we can't handle. Good luck storming the castle, best wishes for a speedy recovery!

PS Just got my surgery date, 09-05-03
Unread 07-29-2003, 02:14 PM

I just got back from Pre-Op and am surprisedly calm Reading everything here has comforted me too I'd just like to send out a big to all the Sisters!!!!!!
Unread 07-29-2003, 03:07 PM

My sisters of the 30th,

I too share you concerns, fears, and an overwhelming urge to cry. Odd........but the mind just seems to take control doesn't it. I'm okay today.........better than I thought I'd be. I have been (so far) spared Aunt Flo's visit, but tomorrow is another day and she has been brewing up a storm. I've had cramps, burning, fatigue and back pain for 4 days now..........this is usually the days I begin to get really ticked off at my body. I'm jsut taking it all instride now. Go ahead Flo.........try to kick my A** one more time baby! Your days are numbered.

Gonna run make the house shiney before I go.........the rest of the clan has to make it look that way when I get home! I threated them all................lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register