Jan. 3rd hysterectomy: advice? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Jan. 3rd hysterectomy: advice? Jan. 3rd hysterectomy: advice?

Unread 01-05-2017, 08:34 PM
Jan. 3rd hysterectomy: advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine1976 View Post
I had my surgery yesterday via da Vinci robot. It looks like it was a good idea for me to have it considering
HI
The peeing gets better with a few more days. That said, around a week post op I had a constant pulling feeling in bladder and pelvic area. Lots of ladies said it was just part of the healing process and I was over doing it. I took it easier and it subsided after a few days. I'm at 3 weeks and feel great and I'm back to my normal routine. But if I try to over exert myself my belly swells right up like it's saying "hey dummy did you forget what's going on in here"
Listen to your own body. Everyone's experience is very different. A big part of your recovery will be determined by how healthy and strong you were prior to surgery as well.
Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2017, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifergo View Post
HI
The peeing gets better with a few more days. That said, around a week post op I had a constant pulling feeling in bladder and pelvic area. Lots of ladies said it was just part of the healing process and I was over doing it. I took it easier and it subsided after a few days. I'm at 3 weeks and feel great and I'm back to my normal routine. But if I try to over exert myself my belly swells right up like it's saying "hey dummy did you forget what's going on in here"
Listen to your own body. Everyone's experience is very different. A big part of your recovery will be determined by how healthy and strong you were prior to surgery as well.
Good luck!
Omg my belly swells up!! I can't eat. It's gross.
Unread 01-06-2017, 08:51 AM
Re: Jan. 3rd hysterectomy: advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelz View Post
I was in hospital for 2 days after and had the catheter in there. I accidentally pulled it out and they had to reinsert it. That sucked! I asked them to leave it in longer because while it was out I couldn't pee without it. They also don't let you go home until you pass gas. I should of stayed one more night because I had it rough when I got home.
Omg! That must have sucked. They almost had to one me if I didn't go. So glad that I did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelz View Post
Wait how are you even on here so soon? I had morphine diloded drip,in hospital then oxy when I left and there's no way I was up for being online so soon.,you,are amazing. Lol
Lol! I get bored easily, plus daytime tv is awful.
Unread 01-06-2017, 09:21 AM

Hi Christine
Yes, walk, walk, walk to get that gas pain. Whatever you do, don't take GasX - I made that mistake and was in horrible pain.

I did get a script for stool softener and that made it easier once I had a BM - 3 days after surgery.

Once you have a few BM the gas pain will subside and you will feel better.

Hang in there. We all know what are feeling.

Unread 01-06-2017, 10:13 AM

I had mine the same way on the 3rd as well. So so glad its over and I'm home in my bed. Just very sore and feeling very nervous about my body. Getting in and out of bed is tricky and can scare me with all the moving and straining. But I'm making it. I hope we both heal well and quickly!

Quote:
I had my surgery yesterday via da Vinci robot. It looks like it was a good idea for me to have it considering all the fibroids and endometriosis I had. I did have to stay overnight but I am home now. Feeling a lot of pain in my stomach and constantly having to go pee. Just going to take it easy for the next few days. Any advice for post op?
Unread 01-06-2017, 12:44 PM

Get a good sleep mask so you can sleep during the day. Eat the lemon Gasx chewables to break gas bubbles up so you can pass gas easier. They are your best friend! Ice packs on belly and heating pad on back was my best tip. The ab cincher helped me not hold my belly to roll over, walk etc. Start the stool softeners... winter is coming. Best of luck sister. (I'm on day 7 post op)
  Quote:
I had my surgery yesterday via da Vinci robot. It looks like it was a good idea for me to have it considering all the fibroids and endometriosis I had. I did have to stay overnight but I am home now. Feeling a lot of pain in my stomach and constantly having to go pee. Just going to take it easy for the next few days. Any advice for post op?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register