Scheduled TAH has anyone else had a hysterectomy because of pelvic organ prolapse? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

has anyone else had a hysterectomy because of pelvic organ prolapse? has anyone else had a hysterectomy because of pelvic organ prolapse?

Unread 06-10-2011, 10:13 AM
has anyone else had a hysterectomy because of pelvic organ prolapse?

i was wondering if anyone else has had to have a hysterectomy for prlvic organ prolapse. im 23 and scheduled for june 20th and no one in my family or nor my friends understand whats going on. my husband is acting like its no big deal as if its just a little infection or something. i would like to talk with someone that might understand what im going through. all my friend are so young that this is the last thing on their mind.. its all about hanging with friends and all not medical stuff... maybe im just having pre-op anxiety feeling im all alone in this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Re: has anyone else had a hysterectomy because of pelvic organ prolapse?

I had mine because of uterine and bladder prolapse but I am 43 and have had 2 kids. Your very young and it's something you can't undo. Have you explored all your options. In my case my doc said there was a very good chance it would only get worse and I figured if I did it now it was better than before it got really bad cuase I think it's harder to fix if it gets worse. Don't be afraid to ask questions and do your research so that in the end you will be happy with your decision what ever that may be.

Hugs,
Unread 06-10-2011, 04:41 PM

You are so young, I would definitely go and get a 2nd opinion. Do kegels, kegels, kegels, but don't jump into anything without 2 or 3 opinions and all the facts.
I am 44 I had 4 kids and I work 12 hr shifts on my feet. I just went through a TVH with suspension and cystocele repair with mesh for total pelvic prolapse. I still have the rectocele to get fixed. It is MAJOR surgery, nothing to take lightly. I was off work 10 weeks, had complication and had to have off another week after that. My original surgery was FEb 17, 2011 and I am still not 100%.
If your hubby thinks it's no big deal make him watch the surgery online or print up a little reading material for him.
Best of luck, I hope you will find out better news from another physician and hold out as long as you can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2011, 06:26 PM

i have got 3 opions already and they all say the same.. there are 4 stages and im at the 3rd stage. the dr's all said it would not get better it will only get would and eventually it would not be a choice for surgery it would be a have to condition.. i already have my 2 kids so thats not a problem. my tubes are already tied. but i understand how severe the surgery is and im thinkin me being young in a way make help recover from the surgery a little better than waiting till its worse and im older.
Unread 06-10-2011, 06:40 PM

I am right there with u my uterus was lifted once already I can't have a bowel movement and constantly in pain my surgery isn't until July 18. If u want to bent I'm Jere for ya
Amanda
Unread 06-10-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHORSES87 View Post
i have got 3 opions already and they all say the same.. there are 4 stages and im at the 3rd stage. the dr's all said it would not get better it will only get would and eventually it would not be a choice for surgery it would be a have to condition.. i already have my 2 kids so thats not a problem. my tubes are already tied. but i understand how severe the surgery is and im thinkin me being young in a way make help recover from the surgery a little better than waiting till its worse and im older.
Honey do what you feel you know is right for you. My doc did say that younger women have much better recovery, that is why I did mine now rather than wait 10 years and suffer all those 10 yrs in the mean time and then have a harder recovery on top. You know your body and you know in your heart what you should do. I was worried sick about my surgery with all the what ifs but one thing I felt is that I knew in my gut what I needed to do, infact when I thought of backing out I would get a feeling in my gut that told me it was the wrong thing to do. Only you can make your decision and once you do make piece with it and yourself.

Take care of yourself honey and trust yourself.
Unread 06-10-2011, 07:19 PM

I just turned 30 years old a month ago, and I am scheduled to have my hysterectomy next week on the 17th. I am having mine done due my uterus prolapsing (stage 3) and my bladder has started prolapsing as well. You need to do what is best for you, and if your like me and these prolapses are killing my quality of life, the surgery maybe worth it. I hope that everything works out for you, and I hope what I said made even the slightest of sense.
Unread 06-10-2011, 08:51 PM

Shorses87, sorry to hear that you didn't get better news. So glad to hear that you have your 2 beautiful children and had already decided you were done.
My Dr also told me mine wouldn't get any better and soon it would be a have to. It is better to have it done before you hit menopause she said.
The 20th is just right around the corner. At least you found a wonderful site with loads of information and a wonderful support system where you can talk about anything.
I hope all goes well for you.
Unread 06-11-2011, 01:02 AM

thanks to everyone that has replied... im so glad i found this site.. i hurt all day everyday and its getting worse and worse and they have me on bed rest till surgery. i am glad i went ahead and scheduled for surgery cause if im hurting this bad now i can just imagine if i had waited till later. it is driving me crazy watching everyone do everything with out me helping but i just thank god i do have the help that i need. im normally the one everyone calls for help and its just hard having to watch them do everything for me as the old saying " having the tables turned... and my kids dont understand my son told my mom that she is not suppose to give him a bath mommy is.. it was kind of funny but at the same time made me sad and i just wanted to run in there and do it..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register