Davinci scheduled and now a Hernia.. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Davinci scheduled and now a Hernia.. Davinci scheduled and now a Hernia..

Unread 06-30-2011, 12:24 PM
Davinci scheduled and now a Hernia..

Its a long story but have been going for 2nd and third opinions.Got a date for the DaVinci and was done thinking about all this. I had an appointment with the chief of surgery at a big university(that i made in April) but wasn't going to keep it.My husband graduated from this university and wanted to me go..it couldn't hurt was his theory. So today I went and when he examined me he found a belly button hernia,not sure of the technical name. He said it wasn't a big deal but he wanted it fixed before the laproscopic surgery, he stated all his surgeries are two months out! He also said I should go see the general surgeon,more appointments , and then they would schedule me for the same day. General surgeon would go first, and then gyno surgeon would do the laproscopic. I callled my DaVinci surgeon...with whom i have the 7/19 surgery scheduled and he is away for a week. UGH!! One step forward and one step back....anyone else ever have this problem? Can they do the Davinci with the hernia?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2011, 09:26 PM
Re: Davinci scheduled and now a Hernia..

My neighbor across the street had the da vinci and bilateral hernia repair done in one surgery. She's healed well.
Unread 06-30-2011, 09:47 PM

I don't know, but I'm sending you lots of support and prayers while you go thru this processs. (((hugs)))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2011, 07:03 AM

Thanks for the comfort and passing on of your neighbors experience.It gives me some hope! I really like the university doctor but just want this done! So I truly hope the DaVinci doctor can either arrange for or do the hernia surgery a tthe same time. Then I will be on the path to recovery not just gettting thru one surgery to start planning another.
Unread 07-01-2011, 12:50 PM

My doctor found a hernia ( they called it hiatell- unsure of spelling) about 3 weeks before surgery when I was in hospital for pnuemonia. They said it would be fine without surgery unless it causes me problems later in life. So, they did surgery 3 weeks later without touching hernia. Mine was a TAH with an abdominal incision and epidural due to no general given because of muscular dystrophy.
Good luck and prayers for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register