Scheduled TLH Swelly Belly Pre-op? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Swelly Belly Pre-op? Swelly Belly Pre-op?

Unread 06-30-2011, 02:50 PM
Swelly Belly Pre-op?

Hey Sisters,
I would like to know if anyone has experienced having a pre-op. My belly looks like I'm 3-4 months pregnant my back spasms and numbness has also increased these last two months. I considered my self to be active try to exercise 3x a week for at least an hour and if I can't do that I do 17 flights of floors at work. I haven't been able to do this since my last period a week ago. I'm also having pain they are not cramps can't really explain but they are on my right side on my lower abdomen. Again I can't express how thankful I am to everyone in taking the time to read my posts and reply. This place is truly a gift.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2011, 03:00 PM
Re: Swelly Belly Pre-op?

Heck yeah...I looked 6 months preg! I am exactly 2 weeks today & although my belly is swollen I don't have that round belly I had. My uterus was very large because of the fibroids that they had a hand time getting it out!! The dr's assistant came to see me in the castle after the surgery & she said "you are tiny-your belly was big before!" which would have hurt my feelings if it weren't for the fact that it's out of me now!! and I can see my toes!! LOL!!
Unread 06-30-2011, 06:21 PM

I had swelly belly after, it would be worse if I was doing things. The worst of it lasted for about 10 weeks or so and now I still have one side that is bigger then the other. I have read some women deal with it for a year after, so be patient! I would think being you are swollen pre-surgery, you will not find it to be a problem. Just feeling so much better is well worth a bit of swelly belly! Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2011, 11:32 PM

Oh yes I am so with you sisters, I can't wait until I'm rid of all this mess.
Unread 07-01-2011, 12:18 AM

I have been swollen since my last period when I was diagnosed with adeno and anemia. I feel like I am 12 weeks along and tender to touch along with bloat. I have lowr back prblems that I address by doing Kegel exercises and tucking my tush. When my muscles were weak due to anemia, my back got stiffer. I haveto ask my gyno (luckily she was a phys therapist previously) about what and when to do post-op. I can see why a belly binder will help. Maybe even pre-op?
Unread 07-01-2011, 11:02 AM

I didn't have a belly binder and managed just fine. I guess if you are not worried about the expense of getting one, you might want to have one just in case.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register