Scheduled SAH Question re potentially adding plastic surgery - tummy tuck with hysterectomy (9/2) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question re potentially adding plastic surgery - tummy tuck with hysterectomy (9/2) Question re potentially adding plastic surgery - tummy tuck with hysterectomy (9/2)

Unread 07-26-2014, 03:18 PM
Re: Question re potentially adding plastic surgery - tummy tuck with hysterectomy

When I was going into the OR for my TAH, I told my surgeon to feel free to get rid of any excess skin, and she did just that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2014, 06:31 PM
Re: Question re potentially adding plastic surgery - tummy tuck with hysterectomy

I had a tummy tuck 3 yrs ago. It was a rough surgery for me but didn't "take as much out of me" as the hysterectomy (no pun intended). I had a hematoma rupture so my recovery was prolonged and swelly belly was worse than now. But I would still do it again in a heartbeat! I'm not sure how doing them together would be, but if you are prepared to be recovering for 6 weeks like we are now you should be ok. The only thing I would do differently w my tummy tuck is I would have added the liposuction for the hips! I'm now planning to do that after I recover from this! ;-)
Unread 07-26-2014, 08:12 PM

I think I slept the first week after tummy tuck. Hubby was so attentive and great. Kept me iced on my incisions as I slept. Carrying around a drain wasn't fun. I know about five days after surgery I went to a fundraiser for a few hours and I was done and tired. With the muscle repair and incision from hip to hip I was very sore. Plus I had a Boob lift to. After the tvh plus one port hole in my stomach I don't have muscle soreness or big sore incisions that are healing. My stomach is numb from tummy tuck and i can't feel the port hole in my belly button at all. I'm achy like period cramps but not as bad as the real cramps were before surgery. Hormones seem to be ok so this recovery so far has been pretty easy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2014, 07:11 AM

Hi all

I wanted to give you all an update. I decided to do it! I will be having both surgeries on 9-2.
I am excited and think I made the right decision. ha! Let's see if I am still saying that the week after surgery.
Thanks so much for the help!

Jen
Unread 07-30-2014, 11:49 AM

Best of luck Jen
Unread 08-06-2014, 01:55 PM

I can't say anything from experience but on September 16th I'm having surgery and will be getting a "tummy tuck" along with it. I am having a BSO along with my hysterectomy and also will be having a bilateral mastectomy and reconstructive surgery. So the plastic surgeon is taking tissue, fat, and blood vessels from my lower stomach and abdomen to reconstruct my breasts, leaving me with, basically, a tummy tuck. He said that most women my age (I'm 27) feel fine and don't have any more pain than if they had had an abdominal hysterectomy. I don't know if that helps, but there's my two cents. Good luck!
Unread 08-18-2014, 03:16 PM

Just focus on that flat tummy you will have!
Unread 08-23-2014, 09:18 AM

I had the tummy tuck done at the same time as my open hysterectomy and sacral colpopexy. This was five weeks ago. I am a nurse and decided to do this since I wanted to avoid the post hysterectomy "shelf" that some women get. I must admit that the incision is bigger than I thought. Hip to hip. I still have some swelling but my clothes already are looser in this area. It was a gift to myself!! I am having a few other issues one related to the colpopexy I think but still very happy I did the tuck.
Unread 08-24-2014, 04:23 AM
Re: Question re potentially adding plastic surgery - tummy tuck with hysterectomy (9/2)

9-2 good luck!! please be updating how it goes.....I am 9-2 hysterectomy & am so curious about tummy tuck too,,,,
Unread 08-24-2014, 05:31 AM
Re: Question re potentially adding plastic surgery - tummy tuck with hysterectomy (9/2)

Very glad I had the tummy tuck. I spoke to a few friends who had TAH and regretted not doing the tuck. It's a bug scar but does fade over time. I also had a sacral colpexy done. Recovery time the same adding the tuck. 8 weeks. I am at week 5 and know I need the next 3 befire going back to work. Do it if you can afford it!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register