3 months after hysterectomy - is bleeding normal? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 months after hysterectomy - is bleeding normal? 3 months after hysterectomy - is bleeding normal?

Unread 08-12-2014, 03:12 PM
3 months after hysterectomy - is bleeding normal?

I had posted this in the post op forum and received no reply. Trying my luck here to see if any of you wonderful women have any answer for me :-)
I had total abdominal hysterectomy almost 3 months back. My surgery was through the Da Vinci method and my recover was going great until two days back. I had cramps and bleeding, not too much blood but surely there. I also had period like cramps. I feel no cramps today and my bleeding has stopped. Is this normal? Where did the blood come from? I joined work last week and I work with pre schoolers. Did I do too much? When I think if I did anything out of the ordinary, I did move a shelf in the classroom. Am I not supposed to do any such work anymore? How long did you wait before you did any such chores?

My surgeon is on vacation and cannot see me till next week. Any input will be appreciated. I still have an ovary left but everything else was removed. Reason for my surgery was severe endometriosis.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2014, 06:50 PM
Re: 3 months after hysterectomy - is bleeding normal?

Hi! It seems like it could be one of a few things. Could have been a hematoma that formed after surgery and you being more mobile or lifting more made it burst hence the discharge. Secondly it could be you tore a stitch in your vaginal cuff. Or lastly you could just have overdone it and irritated your internal op sutures. I think it calls for a trip to the dr or urgent care . Better to be safe than sorry
Unread 08-12-2014, 07:38 PM
Re: 3 months after hysterectomy - is bleeding normal?

I had some blood after the 6 month mark and went to my surgeon. Turns out I had a little bit of scarring over an area that was not healing fast enough. So he applied silver nitrate anD that solved my problem. No more blood.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register