Scheduled TLH Period 303, the last one and worst period I could have | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Period 303, the last one and worst period I could have Period 303, the last one and worst period I could have

Unread 08-19-2012, 07:09 PM
Period 303, the last one and worst period I could have

Today is day one, meaning diarrhea, cramps, general pain, trouble peeing, and generally not wanting to get up from bed much yet I'm only spotting. But, this should be
(That's an estimat, my cycles are too irregular for it to be correct). But it's time. I've had myself thinking that this period was coming at like 23 days; turns out I can't count and it actually was 35 which would be in the range that I've come to expect. Bleeding will begin within 24 hours, sometimes 36. But I have to admit that when I finally saw spotting today after knowing it was coming since the fun began las tnight I was excitied to think "that is the last time I'm mentally noting day one".

I'm trying to guess whether I should rearrange some plans for tomorrow. It's hard to know if it's better to assume I'll be hurting but not bleeding heavily or if I should assume this is unpredictable and would be hard to know if re-scheduling will help.

I will not miss any of this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2012, 07:42 PM
Re: Period 303, the last one

Congrats on your last period! I just finished mine and it is very surreal to think "no more periods...ever! No more agonizing weeks curled into a ball of pain. No more fears of gushing! No more being controlled by my cycle!" I am looking forward to buying some light colored pants and knickers! and not having to plan my vacations and outings around my period! Sending positive thouhts to you in this your final cycle. You just have to get through this last one!
Unread 08-23-2012, 03:39 PM
The worst last period I could have

I am still enjoying my last period. And by enjoying I mean it's simply AWFUL. I usually try to be at least somewhat positive but this is defeating me. Pretty much my period started Saturday evening or Sunday early, I don't remember. The cramps were so bad I couldn't sit up straight, much less stand straight, from Sunday until Wednesday. Wednesday I was up a little bit. Today I was up longer and overdid it. I had to go to the city an hour from home for an appointment and then I had to go get cat food and people food. I am now back to slouching in bed or laying on my side. It hurts and I'm exhausted. This isn't exactly what I need 2 weeks before; I've been working so hard on ab strengthening and have probably lost it all.

The crazy thing is that while I've had painful periods most pain wasn't cramps. I have never had cramps disable me. But these have.

I'm tired of this. I am SO glad I moved my appointment up; I wasn't supposed to see the dr. until 12/4. By then I should be better.

I think it has been pending so long that it doesn't seem it really could be getting close. But it is. 2 weeks and a few days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-23-2012, 03:48 PM
Re: The worst last period I could have

Mine just ended and it was the worst one I've ever had. I was contemplating going into the doc the bleeding was so bad. I made it through and surgery is Monday. At least you know that, as bad as it is, it's the last one.
Unread 08-24-2012, 07:45 PM

This is your body's way of telling you you made the right decision. At least it is your last period, and you will not have to deal with this again...

Unread 08-24-2012, 09:02 PM

I can completely sympathize with you. It is horrible! Normally I can get by, barely, but I manage. My surgery is set for Monday and of course there are things that need to be done. It would be my luck that my period hit and it is the worst one of my life. There must be something going on that most of us are having the big one before we get her taken out. Hope you start to feel better.
Unread 08-24-2012, 09:49 PM

I hear you ladies !!! Aunty flow is lerking, I am scared. . . Any day now. . . For me. Will I walk, will I have migraines for days,
I will be ready with my pain meds !!! Three weeks until my Hyster. today I got my date ! The finish line is in sight !
Unread 08-24-2012, 10:28 PM
Re: Period 303, the last one and worst period I could have

I FINALLY had an ovarian cyst rupture late last night (based on my experience, not a medical certainty but the dr. has diagnosed them before). I've never had one rupture so far into my period and I wonder if it was large and irritating something and causing all that pain.

The end result is that I have so much to do and I'm not sure I'm going to get back to fully active before surgery in 2 weeks. My mom is going to come to do some heavy housework stuff for me Sunday and I will have to just accept that I may have to go lie down instead of working. I hate dependency.

The closeness is really hitting me. And there is so much to do!
Unread 08-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Re: Period 303, the last one and worst period I could have

I understand hating the feeling of dependency. We are all such strong and independent women. But your health is important. Accept the help from your mom - it is so nice of her to offer.

Also what gets done before your surgery gets done, and what does not does not. That is okay. It will all work out in the end. You can put many things off until you are way into recovery, and it will be okay.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register