return to work | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

return to work return to work

Unread 11-07-2011, 01:57 PM
return to work

returning to work....when? i am afraid a lot will be expected as soon as i return..i planned originally to take a fully six weeks...but....i feel like i am being pressured to return. i had the divinci surgery..total hysterectomy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Re: return to work

Sanne 1213,
Do yourself a huge favor and take the time. Listen to your gut; if you are questioning if you should be back the answer may be "no". The hard part for me was listening to my common sense (which I didn't ) and have been kicking my self. As the website says in many places, you have one chance to heal. Take care of yourself and take the time. For some of us putting us first is not easy but it is needed in this case. Hope you have a good recovery and resist returning sooner - there is no trophy for quick return. Take the time- you really need it and it's ok.
Unread 11-07-2011, 03:38 PM

I just started back to work today.... after 6weeks off.... Big mistake, I should have taken two more weeks, like you I felt pressured, so dr said is could go back part time, I went back today, and they expected me to stay past my partime hours, I had to argue with them that I am part time, and then they still expected me to work almost a full day tomorrow, which I have said a big NO to.

Today after just 2hrs, I was really uncomfortable, and after 4 hours, pressure in pelvic area, swelly belly, ect ect.

If you can stay off I would put off going back, take alll the time you need, Let your employer take care of themselves, and you take care of you( wish I had taken that advice)..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-07-2011, 06:20 PM

correct...no trophy...not even the thanks sometimes. your right...they will survive just fine without me.....
Unread 11-07-2011, 06:23 PM

I for one plan to take my full 6 weeks. I am lucky in the fact that I have enough sick time to cover me but I know not everyone has that luxury. I hope you are able to take the time you need. I cannot imagine going back yet.
Unread 11-07-2011, 07:55 PM

My doctor said 4 weeks (because a TVH was planned). Before my surgery, when I told people that I was having a hysterectomy and would be out for 4 weeks, I could always instantly tell when the woman I was talking to had had a hysterectomy or a c-section. Their eyes squinted and the their heads tilted and they said, "Just 4 weeks? ... Not 6? ... or 8...? ... Be sure to take all the time you need..." It was very clear that from experience, they did not think that 4 weeks was enough.

I realized then and now that a lot depends upon the specifics of the surgery, as we all well know from our chats on this site.
Unread 11-07-2011, 10:14 PM

I went Bach to work yesterday after having 6 weeks off and my belly swelled up within 2 hours and it's still swelled up...

Will be back at work again tomorrow but I'm thinking that is all for the rest of the week.. Wondering when the swelly belly will leave me alone...grrr..

Basically I think 8 weeks should be the time that is needed, I had a TAH and also a cyst removed from my right ovary..

Take your time to heal it's not a competition and you only get one chance to do it right..

X

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register