Scheduled TAH 8 days to go & i think im getting sick! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

8 days to go & i think im getting sick! 8 days to go & i think im getting sick!

Unread 04-16-2011, 07:31 PM
8 days to go & i think im getting sick!

My surgery is on the 25th & today my head hurts, throats sore, runny nose and im coughing a little. Im terrified im getting sick. Im taking mucinex & drinking tons of water. Do u think they coulf postpone surgery? Ive already got all this planned out..husbands requested days off..im so scared!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2011, 07:51 PM
Re: 8 days to go & i think im getting sick!

Call your dr on monday if your still feeling bad. There's a lot of women here had surgery with a colda. The main thing is running a fever, they won't do surgery if your running one. I the mean time drink fluids get some rest. For sore throat gargle with warm salt water. Let the dr know what meds your taking there's certain things you can't take beforte surgery. Hope you feel better.
Unread 04-16-2011, 09:04 PM

I agree with calling your doctor as soon as possible. He/she may be able to prescribe something to help knock it out. Also, be careful with taking any meds/supplements this close to surgery so you may want to also call and see what you can and cannot take. In the meantime, chicken soup, lots of fluids, rest and wash your hands.

Feel better soon!

Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2011, 10:11 PM

See a doc...even a family practice. 8 days is enough time for a z-pak. A broad spectrum antibiotic to knock an upper respiratory infection our of your system. It only takes 5 days. You take 2 tabs the first day and 1 for the next 4 days. Let the doc know you are scheduled for surgery, they will be more likely to help you out by giving you something that will knock it out quickly and not a 10 day antibiotic. We deal with this at the office pretty often. Best to you. Hope you are feeling better soon and your surgery goes forward as planned and you are quickly on the fast track to recovery!
Unread 04-16-2011, 10:26 PM

Thanks ladies for the replies. Im def gonna have to go to the doctor because now my throat hurts so bad i can barley swallow my saliva. My body aches too. Im wondering if it might be strep throat. I have the worst luck! If im feeling bad still monday ill call my doc.
Unread 04-17-2011, 04:38 PM

I went to urgent care today because i was feeling so bad & found out i have strep throat. The doc said it shouldnt effect my surgery day & i should ve better by then but still on antibiotics. Why did this have to happen so soon to my surgery day!! Im so scared im going to be sick on the 25th.
Unread 04-17-2011, 05:37 PM

Hey, I just got over a bout of strep throat--I get it a lot (probably since I am around students all the time). If you are on antibiotics (which I am guessing you got at the urgent care), you should start to feel better soon (it usually takes 48 hours for me). Don't forget to take the ENTIRE package of antibiotics, even if you feel better. That's essential.

Strep throat HURTS. I find that along with the antibiotics, Tylenol + Advil really help with the pain, BUT you should absolutely make sure it is okay with your surgeon before you take either.

Hope you feel better soon!

dee
Unread 04-17-2011, 05:43 PM

Nicole,
Feel better soon!
Unread 04-17-2011, 07:38 PM

I'm glad you went to Urgent Care but so sorry you have strep throat. I hope you feel better soon!

Deb
Unread 04-18-2011, 07:05 AM

Thanks ladies! Its only been a day & im already feeling better. No fever, no body aches. i am coughing now which leads me to believe i caught a cold also. Not a bad cough, just a dry one. Im hoping the couging subsides. Will they put me under with a cold?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register