Something has gone wrong? Blood from rectum - 5 weeks post-oop | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Something has gone wrong?  Blood from rectum - 5 weeks post-oop Something has gone wrong? Blood from rectum - 5 weeks post-oop

Unread 06-19-2011, 12:33 AM
Something has gone wrong? Blood from rectum - 5 weeks post-oop

This is my fifth week. This week, I'd finally starting to feel less like a surgery patient. I could stand up without feeling like I needed to hold my tummy, and even though I am having rheumatoid arthritis flares, the fatigue wasn't as bad. The pain during urination/bowel movement was just about gone.

Today I went to the bathroom and peed, and then I just pooted once, one little poot! At that point, I felt horrrrrible pain in my gut, like gas or constipation. I sat there for a while with this terrible pain, but nothing happened. I decided to just take some gas-x and go to bed for a while. Couldn't get comfortable, pain was terrible. Got up for a while, but nothing would help with the pain, no matter how I sat. My whole abdomen and back were hurting at that point, couldn't narrow down where the pain was coming from. I have some leftover pain meds, but I didn't want to take anything in case this is something that I really need to go to the ER for.

Finally had a BM, and it looked fine, but when I wiped, there was blood, quite a bit, kind of like when I was on my period, blood and a clot-looking thing. The pain lessened a little after that, so I decided to just wait and see what happens, even though that scared me quite a bit.

Ate dinner and just went back to bed. Back up now, feel like I have a fever, but my thermometer is on the blink, so I can't tell. Could be the RA, but not sure.

God, I don't want to go to the ER and wait 4 hours. I'm not sure I could even do it, with the RA flare going on. I read another post on here about hemeroids (sp), but I had them during and after my pregnancy, and there is no feeling like that at all, and there's been no straining at all because I've been eating really high fiber foods and having no trouble at all going to the bathroom.

I guess I'll just see how my next BM goes and how the pain goes. Have an appt w/ my MD on Tuesday, so if it hasn't gotten worse before that, maybe he can check my bloodwork for infection.

I'm just so sad because I thought I was probably through the roughest part. I haven't overdone anything, haven't lifted anything, done any work, etc. sigh. I hate this whole stupid thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2011, 01:04 AM
Re: Something has gone wrong? Blood from rectum - 5 weeks post-oop

I am sorry this happens to you, I would call a doctor and tell him/her what you are experiencing, can imaging you want it to be over, seems to me you had a bumpy road to heal.
Sorry I can not be of any big help, but if you don't trust it, at least call a doctor and explain everything.
Good luck and take care.
Unread 06-19-2011, 01:15 AM

Thanks for your support! I appreciate it.

Really haven't had any bumps in the healing other than having to deal with RA at the same time. Seems about normal for the most part. That's why this thing is freaking me out so much, I think. I see some of the horror stories on this site and it scares me to death, but at the same time, makes me feel thankful that I haven't had any serious problems. I just hope this isn't serious. I kinda wonder if it was an adhesion that broke or something. I think that would be a good thing, as long as it heals.

Right now, I feel okay as long as I don't move at all lol. If I have to get up, or if I cough, the pain is pretty bad, and that thing where it feels like I have to support my tummy is back. I just ate a fiber bar, hope maybe I can have another BM and it will all just go away. Maybe I'll eat some leftover broccoli too lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2011, 01:25 AM

Probably its night where you are now? At night everything looks bigger, but what you describe would scare me too, really, if you don't get better in a couple of hours, please contact a doctor.
Hugs.
Unread 06-19-2011, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekkie View Post
Probably its night where you are now? At night everything looks bigger, but what you describe would scare me too, really, if you don't get better in a couple of hours, please contact a doctor.
Hugs.
I agree... I sure hope you feel better soon!!
Unread 06-19-2011, 01:35 AM

Yes, it is 2:30 am here. All this started at about 11 am this morning. It's a lot better now than it was earlier. DH tried to talk me into going to the ER earlier in the evening, but our hospital....sigh...it's an awesome hospital, so I just don't know how the ER can be SO bad, but it is. You WILL spend at least 4 hours waiting for anything at all. Last time I went, I had a kidney stone and it took them 3 hours before I got anything for the pain, and I think the only reason I even got anything then was because I started yelling to the top of my lungs 'JUST KILL ME! JUST KILL ME!" And I meant it. lol.

I guess I could call my doctor's service and see if they can get in touch with her in the morning if it's still bad.
Unread 06-19-2011, 01:36 AM

Thanks, y'all, I appreciate you
Unread 06-19-2011, 02:19 AM

Keep us posted about how you are doing, i understand your ER feelings, good to know you are not alone and have a caring husband.
Hope you catch some sleep and feel better soon.
I'm in Europe, its morning here.
Take care.
Unread 06-19-2011, 02:23 AM

Thanks. It does seem to be getting better. I took some aspirin, so the fever feelings are better. I'm just looking at my empty water glass now and thinking, 'ug, i don't want to get up.' lol It kind of feels like day 2 post-op right now. I doubt I'll sleep for a while, too much sleep yesterday and tonight. I have netflix, though! And Vincent D'Onofrio is yummy!

<3 2 u.
Unread 06-19-2011, 02:29 AM

Ha, I had to look up that yummy Vincent D'Onofrio of yours....
I know him, but am very bad with names.
Have fun, think I'm going to watch a DVD in a minute, having a blah day today......

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register