Anyone else have fibromyalgia? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else have fibromyalgia? Anyone else have fibromyalgia?

Unread 05-25-2007, 06:51 PM
Anyone else have fibromyalgia?

My dh has fibromyalgia and has been told he has rheumatoid arthritis also. But we think most of his pain is from the fibromyalgia bec his rheumatoid factor is now a negative number. He has tried different things over the years and we have done a lot of research. I would suggest you cut out all wheat and glueten from your diet. He eats a lot of brown rice products. He has been to a nutritionist who had him on mega doses of vitamins which worked great for a while. I don't know if you have ever heard of leaky gut syndrome but that is related to fibromyalgia. He is just starting a new treatment from a new dr that is a medical dr but also believes in natural healing. If you would like more info pm me. Hope you feel better soon. I also forgot swimming seems to help him feel better with the pain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2007, 07:13 PM

HI,

Yes, I too have fibromyalgia, and the fact that I was not able to exercise during recovery caused some wicked pain in my hips. I normally do not experience fibro pain/flare ups on a regular basis b/c I have a mild case--my neurologist told me to exercise and you will feel like you don't even have it--which has been completely true since I was diagnosed about 8 years ago. It has remained at the same level because i either walk or bike at least 3-4 times a week to keep the flare ups at bay. I also eat organic- which has changed my life! I would recommend easy walking as much as you are comfortable with. Laying in bed makes it worse!

Good luck!
Unread 06-22-2007, 02:26 PM

I searched and searched for a fellow hystersister with fibromyalgia, thinking I couldn't be the only one! I've had fibro since I was a teen but officially diagnosed 18 years ago. I was worried to have my hysterectomy, in fact, because I was worried what additional pain would be involved. I was in denial for so long to go forward with the surgery, but then decided to have my hysterectomy after researching all the alternatives. I have one child (she's six ) and no plans for more children (having had many miscarriages).

I'm 16 days post-op and still having to take it very easy. I had a total vaginal hysterectomy (TVH) on June 6. I was the poster sister for immediate post-op (all went well). If it hadn't been for my PCA in the hospital, life would have been much rougher. I was able to stop the narcotics after the first week, but just got back from the doc for an emergency visit due to bladder pain and nausea... got a bladder infection.

My pelvic pain feels like it's in my bones, leg pain is muscular and periodically I get mild stabbing or rather pulling pains in my pelvic region. I spend most of my time between my bed and couch. Sitting hurts for any period of time (30 minutes max).

I also have battled chronic migraines for 3 years; good news here is that I've only had one moderate (2-3 days) migraine post-op (it was hoped by my gyn & neurologist that the TVH would help).

Meds for fibromyalgia and the migraines include: Lyrica, Zanaflex, Clonezapam (Klonipin), Nexium, then as needed: Flexeril, Skelaxin, Ultracet; Migrain specific: level 1- Ketoprofin, level 2- Maxalt, level 3 - Ketorolac, Phenergan.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm welcome to them.

Best wishes to fellow hyster sisters.
Unread 06-22-2007, 05:02 PM

N_denial,

Welcome to the other side. Sorry to hear that you are having a rough go at it with a bladder infection.

I have had FMS, CMP and other health issues that keep cropping up. I don't have migraines though.

[u]My best advise for you is to take every bit of the 6+ weeks to heal. I pushed myself way too early and I still am recovering from a continual flare. I had my surgery 12/5/05 - over 18 months ago. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't care if dinner got fixed, dishes got done, house was cleaned or animals were taken care of (we live on a ranch). Although I have teens and a husband, it was like breaking an arm to get help, still is. I decided that things needed to be done, so I did them and didn't do myself any good.

Take care of the princess and really DO IT!!!

Happy healing,
Nancy
Unread 06-22-2007, 05:14 PM

N_denial,

princess for me only exist in story books .
and to all of you who have had friends family and maybe DH treat you like a princess and have Taken care of the princess congratulations everyone should have at least a little care during this time i had 3 days to rest after i came home from the hospital and i slept due to the heavy drugs i was given but for the most part i was in a lot of pain the first 2 days i couldnt even sleep with the medication and the fribro was so bad i thought i would not make it through surgery. after that it was back to every day duties i am still hurting and things are worse for me than before but life must go on I guess
Unread 06-22-2007, 09:08 PM
Dear Nancy and Happygrand-

Thank you for your replies.

Nancy - I've heard your advice and will take heed. It's very similar to caring advice I've received from family, friends and co-workers, but it's hard to do when your brain thinks it wants to get back to work, back to being a full time Mom and doing all the things around the house that are bugging me (because they're not getting done). Albeit I have a very loving DH who has been doing laundry and picking up, which is wonderful.

Happygrand - I agree, no princess books for those who live with pain on a daily basis... however, we can dream and treat ourselves to princess retreats from time to time!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register