Anyone have experience with TLH (total laparoscopic hyst.? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone have experience with TLH (total laparoscopic hyst.? Anyone have experience with TLH (total laparoscopic hyst.?

Unread 07-26-2007, 08:37 PM
Anyone have experience with TLH (total laparoscopic hyst.?

DiJinni,

I could have a D&C, but only to resolve bleeding issues while waiting for the DaVinci.

Both my regular Gyn and two Gyn/Oncologists tell me that a negative result on a D&C could not be trusted. They cannot take all the endometrium on a D&C, there might be cancer cells that weren't found.

My Gyn/Onc's say that the rate of Hyperplasia with atypia proceeding to cancer ranges from 20 to 40%.. depending on what literature you read. It is a numbers game. In fact, for a while I was seeking treatment with progesterone for this, but have finally accepted that surgery is the correct route for me.

I hope that your D&C negative was a true negative.
Let us know how it all turns out. I wish I could get mine done as early as 8/6.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2007, 08:53 PM

I am supposed to have this done hopefully August 15th (we think). I am having a endometrial biopsy on July 30th first. I am a little nervous but I am ready to not have the pain and the bleeding all of the time and to get back to some kind of a normal life.
Unread 07-29-2007, 11:09 AM

Good luck with the biopsy, Total Woman! I've had quite a few of them. The good thinkg about them is that they don't last for more than a few seconds.
My GYN usually kind of tugs on the labia simultaneously which has always seemed to me to be a pretty effective distraction. I hear you about getting it over with-mine is on 8/6.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2007, 11:53 AM

I had the DaVinci robotic surgery, I am going into week 4 and have no major issues. I have been driving for 2 weeks now and bowels are working great, same with bladder except when I sneeze. I am overweight and the swelly belly is going down each day, I have some pain in my upper right area but Motrin takes care of that. I have a little problem bending over but I feel just great. I have 5 incisions that are healing, almost all closed and itching. I am 56 years young and I think my doctor did a wonderful job on me. I have endometrial cancer that spread to cervix, lymph nodes clean, wash clean and radiation treatments next to come. I still get very tired but not sleepy wise just fatigue from overdoing. I recommend this type of surgery to anyone that can have it. The operation was 5 1/2 hrs. and I went home the next day, no pain meds after 9 days.
Unread 07-29-2007, 04:08 PM

Thank you for the report on the after-math, FuzzyTrouble. It is good to hear you are doing well. I'm hopeful that I will fare just as well.

Parents weekend for my son is two weeks after my surgery.. I'm so hoping I will be able to attend. Maybe walking slowly and resting a lot.. but I really want to be able to go.
Unread 07-30-2007, 07:43 PM
lavh

I just returned from the dr. and he informed me of this.
NOTHING in the vagina for 3 MONTHS!!!! I don't know if all dr.'s are this cautious, but I was only allowed to drive last Monday. Return to work Aug. 15.
My surgery was June 20th, so I of course thought ok, soon..
I also found out I did have ademoyosis(?) And my left ovary was way up on the left side, like under my breast, and the pathology was good.
I have two sisters with cancer, so that was a relief.

J :
Unread 07-31-2007, 05:41 PM

I want to to doctor's today and got my MRI results. They found that I have adenmoyosis, and that my options are to live on pain meds or have a Hysterectomy. I am 37 years old, I have 2 children, and we are not planning on anymore. I am feeling like most I guess, like I am giving up my womenhood. But I know this is what I need to do. I will be keeping my Overies and Tubes, so this is a good thing.

My question to you is, did they take you cervix or not. I have to decide whether I want to leave my cervix or have it taken out. What was the situation in your case. I guess I would like to here from someone that didn't get it remove and someone who did.

My real name is Laurie
Unread 07-31-2007, 09:42 PM

Hi Laurie,

I had everything removed except my right ovary. The reason that was left is so I would not have to be on hormones. I am not sure I am good with that or not. So much cancer in my family, and ovarian cancer is tough to catch, no test that I know of for it. Having my cervix removed was also not an issue. I don't know if it would make any difference. Although I won't have smears anymore, but still annual check ups.
I have had very painful periods for years. I had a septum in my uterus, which was corrected, and a c-section, both of which caused a lot of scar tissue. I had my tubes tied about four years ago. I was still taking bc as a method of dealing with the pain,(have been on bc on/off for 25 years) and living on advil. I did not want that anymore.
do a little research, and ask questions. Good Luck,
Joanne
Unread 08-01-2007, 08:29 PM

Joanne,
Thank you for sharing your experience w/me. I have been living on Percocet for the last month for pain. I had an appt next week for Pre-op for a Hysterectomy. I called the Doctor office back today and asked if they could get me in sooner. I can't stand the pain anymore and can't live on Perocet, I have a 4 year and refuse to take it when home alone w/her. I am glad to say that I have my Pre-Op appt tomorrow @1pm. They won't schedule surgery until after I have my Pre-Op appt. so I told them that I can't wait. This is to much so within a couple of days I should have my surgery date.

I started a year and a half ago w/pain during o, and sex. I was put on the Depo shot in Nov. they were think Endo, then I got my period that wouldn't stop, so they had to give me another Depo to stop it. Three months later, they give me a Loprin shot, still think Endo. Well I wound up in the hospital in so much pain. I than changed Doctors. (By now I gain 18 pounds for the stupid shots.) My new doctor went in and did a Laproscopy on me looking for Endo, he found nothing. Then when my I did finally get my period again I had it for a month, during that month the doctor took a by-opsy of my uterus, that can back normal. My next period was normal. Then my next period was so bad. I never ever had a heavy period in my life, and so painful I wound up in the hospital. I went back to my doctor and he was hoping that it was just a one time thing. Well the next month was worst, wound in the hospital again. And put on Percocet, back to the doctors again. He scheduled the MRI, finally found that I have adenomyosis. And now here I am.

I really like this site, everyone is so nice, caring and supportive here. I thank you again for sharing your experience w/me. I do feel like I am giving up my womenhood, I mean my babies grow in there. But I know this is what has to be done. And I triing to be optimistic about the whole thing, I have been in to much pain. So I need to be optimistic that I will feel a lot better when this is all over. Thanks again. Laurie
Unread 08-02-2007, 06:30 PM

Hello everyone, and thanks I love this site. I went today for my Pre-op appt. My doctor and I decided to go ahead w/a laparoscopic Hysterectomy w/removing my Cerix. There might be issues once he goes in, and a probably that he still might have to cut me open. I talked to some women here on this site, and got some input on keeping my cervix or removing. Then I talk to my doctor and he believe I will benefit from have it removed. I will keep you all informed on how it goes. Thanks again for all you support.

MY EXPERIENCE and problems:
I started a year and a half ago w/pain during o, and sex. I was put on the Depo shot in Nov. they were think Endo, then I got my period that wouldn't stop, so they had to give me another Depo to stop it. Three months later, they give me a Loprin shot, still think Endo. Well I wound up in the hospital in so much pain. I than changed Doctors. (By now I gain 18 pounds for the stupid shots.) My new doctor did a Laproscopy on me looking for Endo, he found nothing. Then when my I did finally get my period again I had it for a month, during that month the doctor took a by-opsy of my uterus, that can back normal. My next period was normal. Then my next period was so bad. I never ever had a heavy period in my life, and so painful I wound up in the hospital. I went back to my doctor and he was hoping that it was just a one time thing. Well the next month was worst, wound in the hospital again. And put on Percocet, back to the doctors again. He scheduled the MRI, finally found that I have adenomyosis. And now here I am.

I really like this site, everyone is so nice, caring and supportive here. I thank you again for sharing your experience w/me. I do feel like I am giving up my womanhood, I mean my babies grow in there. But I know this is what has to be done. And I trying to be optimistic about the whole thing, I have been in to much pain. So I need to be optimistic that, I will feel a lot better when this is all over. Thanks again. Laurie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register