4 weeks post op and I really thought I would feel better then this :( - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks post op and I really thought I would feel better then this :( 4 weeks post op and I really thought I would feel better then this :(

Unread 03-11-2012, 07:24 AM
Re: 4 weeks post op and I really thought I would feel better then this :(

Hi

I had my TAH on 20 Feb. Tomorrow will be the beginning of week 4. My abdomen hurts on the right side even if I lie still. I thought by now I would be getting better. I did do extra walking yest but it was short. I can't believe that I used to train 6 times a week in the gym. Now I can't walk a couple of steps outside. Cost later the pain starts and pay for it then. I can't sleep at night either so I rest without naps and find that I can sleep at night. There are days I want to just scream becos I can't be as active as I was.

Its a long road ladies and no one understands unless they had the op. My female boss said I cannot take 6 weeks to recover. Cos she drove in the first week of her c-section to go see her baby in icu. Honestly,I wanted to smack the day lights off her but I just smiled and went to a friend and cried.

I have to be back at work on 2 April and I'm dreading it. Everyone thinks that 6 weeks is enuf time to heal. Thank God I have a office job so I take it in my stride. If I didn't need this job so, much I would have just resigned. But that isn't possible. I shall just take it 1 day at a time. I did vent:-) please forgive me.

Love
Beulah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2012, 07:40 AM

Do you want my boxing gloves to knock out your boss?Have to give them up. Worked out with personal trainer 3xs a week prior to surgery. Have checkup end of next week. Sure I am going to have strict instructions not to do anything prior. Not near ready enough to to go the gym. Oh geez, please take it easy stepping back into work. Will keep an eye on your progress.
Unread 03-11-2012, 10:06 AM

6 weeks is not a magic number with this recovery.. I will be 6 weeks this Tuesday and I thought I would feel 100% by now. Actually getting a little discouraged..

Dont get me wrong, I feel better than week one and two and so on, but definitely thought I would be awesome by now.. I was not in immense pain prior to this surgery so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.. I dont know..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2012, 10:31 AM

gmac - Know how you feel. I expected the discomfort to be gone by now.

Wrong.

I don't have anything that causes me to go back on the painkillers. It's little nagging aches - esp. around where the incisions are (which are still healing, btw). And it's the constant having to remind people that, no, I can't pick that up/carry that to the dumpster/push that around yet because they all think that since I look ok, well...

And it is raining today, which doesn't help much.

I just keep reminding myself that every day is just a little better (and if I don't, my mom does )
Unread 03-11-2012, 10:40 AM

Yeah, because we may look good and sound good everybody just thinks okay girl you're back to normal. We spent so long protecting our organs or lack of, it is difficult for others to comprehend that at the drop of a hat we are going to do anything to jeopardize our progress this far. I'm not compromising this for anything or anyone. This may sound a bit harsh. Maybe one of my new found coping mechanisms. Onward I go!
Unread 03-11-2012, 10:51 AM

I too am still living in yoga pants. Put on jeans recently and after an hour had to rip them off!!! a nap every day is still essential. but today for the first time, I went to the supermarket for a little shop, and felt good the whole time. I find I see improvements week to week, but not day to day. and within that week there can be a bad day or two.
overall, things are improving. but it'll be really nice when the day comes when it's not the first thing in my brain. I think that day is not too far off, but at least a few more weeks to go.
Unread 03-11-2012, 11:04 AM

Hi

Thanks jerseygirl for the offer of boxing gloves! Lol
Thanks sisters,after reading everyone's posts I feel so much better.
Unread 03-11-2012, 06:54 PM

I am a little over three weeks out and I am struggling with the same thing. I cleaned house all weekend and now I am paying for it. I have been so tired and achy today. It seems like I feel good for a couple of days then I am tired and lay in bed for a few days.
Unread 03-11-2012, 11:04 PM

Ditto to all those things. I had gal bladder out 3 years ago and I went on a trip to Europe and walked all day for 7 days. This time I went out of town and shuffled for a few steps and now I am propped in bed at the hotel while the fam is out bowling. I just wish I had clothes to wear that didn't feel tight after an hour. I have to go back to work on 3/19 I may need to buy stretch pants and flats for the office. Ugghhh
Unread 03-12-2012, 12:20 AM

I am in the same boat,my 6 weeks will be up this wednesday but i still have the cramping etc. my back kills me and i have never had back pain just this past weekend i started doing simple chores,dishes,took out the trash,folded some laundry not much and i felt like i had worked a 80 hour work week,i guess we all just heal different and takes some of us longer then others...i wish you the best

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register