Feels different | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feels different Feels different

Unread 05-09-2009, 11:46 AM
Feels different

Sure feels different not having a period anymore. Gave all the maxi pads to my sister in-law!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2009, 12:28 PM
Re: does anyone find it strange not to be bleeding?

I'm only 4 weeks post op.... i had my surgery on 4/13 and when i woke up they had a pad on me, and it was dry so i took it off....

I haven't bled at all....... I keep checking too! I missed my April period.... and May's period should have been here by the 20th but I know it's not coming either LOL

Yeah it's kind of weird! I've had a heavy period for over a year where I found that I had to wear Incontinence pads because the flow was so heavy... but it was the only way I could live and work during the time.

I don't know if I'm going to miss it... but I'm pretty sure the answer is NO!
Unread 05-09-2009, 01:35 PM

I keep checking also. It's strange to know you don't have to worry about bleeding anymore. I gave all my pads and tampons to a friend and her daughter this past Thursday. That was nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2009, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnitemoon View Post
This may seem very odd,but I actually miss it!Even though I had become anemic from blood loss,prior to my hysterectomy.In some weird way,I miss that mysterious monthly bleeding,that painful part of womanhood.It makes me feel strangley sad,to know i will never experience it again.I know it would have stopped soon,naturally,yet I really,truly miss it.Even with the pain,mess,inconvenience,staining-I really do miss it.Strange...
MIDNIGHTMOON YOU ARE A LOON. I say this with the happiest heart, and all in good fun! I miss GUSHING blood at the speed of light, till I was almost empty, like I miss the RATS we used to have in our shed! Cheers! SM
Unread 05-09-2009, 06:14 PM

hey - i have to throw in my ten cent's worth - i don't miss it at all. i really wish i could have had it done 20 years ago when i decided that i could not have any more children - too life threatening - and now realise that all those years of contraception were wasted becasue i could not have gotten pregnant anyway due to all the adhesions and fibriods. i could have been period and pain free for two decades! ah well. all's good now.
Unread 05-09-2009, 07:23 PM

Too funny! I feel the same way, I even bought extra stuff on my last period expecting something, but nothing. I can't wait to buy new undies and I bought new white pants. STOP IT
Unread 05-09-2009, 08:06 PM

Have to put in my 2 cents worth. I do not miss it at all. Although I am 2 weeks and 3 days post op I feel like I am going to start---but nothing. I am hoping all the feeling of going to start is temporary---I can now wear what I want when I want. And knowing in the future will not have to plan vacations or anniversary "celebrations" around the "visitor". Loving life....Can't wait to be fully recovered.
Unread 05-09-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready4relief09 View Post
Have to put in my 2 cents worth. I do not miss it at all. Although I am 2 weeks and 3 days post op I feel like I am going to start---but nothing. I am hoping all the feeling of going to start is temporary---I can now wear what I want when I want. And knowing in the future will not have to plan vacations or anniversary "celebrations" around the "visitor". Loving life....Can't wait to be fully recovered.

I know what you mean Debbie, I hated planning vacation around Aunt Flo. I've taken extra bc pills when it would be on target for Christmas. I don't have to worry about that anymore. Thank the Good Lord and my doctor.
Unread 05-09-2009, 09:31 PM

Iwas just thinking today that i felt like a guy. No more periods and my hormones or mabe lack of hormones have been so steady. Summer will be GOOD !!!!

LSH kept ovaries
age51
Unread 05-10-2009, 03:12 AM

have to laugh at your 'feeling like a guy' .i was at a recent family function and i ended up outside with all the men while the other women were inside with the kids - i commented 'only people without uteruses allowed here - just us guys!" made everyone stop and look at me, but we all laughed!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register