LAVH 12 Days after hysterectomy - Feeling Pain Inside | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

12 Days after hysterectomy - Feeling Pain Inside 12 Days after hysterectomy - Feeling Pain Inside

Unread 09-09-2014, 07:14 AM
12 Days after hysterectomy - Feeling Pain Inside

Hello Ladies,

It's been 12 days after my hysterectomy, I thought I was doing better, but starter feeling really tired and ache, not sure if I am running a fever or temperature since I'm taking advil and tylenol w/cod. But I get really hot & cold & clammy. And I'm really feeling pain on the inside. Just wondering if anyone else has experience the same thing. I'm suppose to return to work soon, not sure how I'm going to pull that off with the way I'm feeling.

Thanks for listening!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2014, 07:57 AM
Re: 12 Days after hysterectomy - Feeling Pain Inside

Hi there - I'm day 12 post op too - and I know what you mean about pain inside.......! It feels like a cramping pain but doesn't last too long........I have lower back ache too but am still managing to get about.....You mustn't go back to work too soon - you'll undo a whole lot of good! My GP has said I could be off a minimum of 3 months!.....take care..xxx
Unread 09-09-2014, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alipellech View Post
Hello Ladies,

It's been 12 days after my hysterectomy, I thought I was doing better, but starter feeling really tired and ache, not sure if I am running a fever or temperature since I'm taking advil and tylenol w/cod. But I get really hot & cold & clammy. And I'm really feeling pain on the inside. Just wondering if anyone else has experience the same thing. I'm suppose to return to work soon, not sure how I'm going to pull that off with the way I'm feeling.

Thanks for listening!!
At 12 days post (last Saturday), I had the same thing. I had a mild fever - 99.5, and much more pain in my belly than I'd had at any time prior. I called my doctor, and ended up going to the ER and getting a CT, which showed some fluid accumulation inside (they called this "normal" after surgery). They basically said I might have overdone it, and to keep on top of my pain meds.

So, it's probably nothing terrible, but if you are worried, please call your doc and get his/her opinion. Best luck to you!

P.S., I'm 15 days now, and that pain has mostly passed. Feeling better again, and I hope you will soon too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2014, 06:32 AM

Thank you ladies for your help! I did call my doctor just make sure that this was normal. And I too ended up at the ER to get a CT scan, and basically came back with the same answer that everything was normal and I was over doing it.

I spent over 7 hrs sitting waiting to get this CT scan done. I felt really stupid afterward. Just seemed like it was such a waste of time.

Still having the pain hopefully it will subside after a day or two.

Thanks for listening.
Unread 09-10-2014, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Thank you ladies for your help! I did call my doctor just make sure that this was normal. And I too ended up at the ER to get a CT scan, and basically came back with the same answer that everything was normal and I was over doing it.

I spent over 7 hrs sitting waiting to get this CT scan done. I felt really stupid afterward. Just seemed like it was such a waste of time.

Still having the pain hopefully it will subside after a day or two.

Thanks for listening.
Don't worry about feeling stupid, you were listening to your body and reacting appropriately. It's wonderful that the CT scan didn't show anything bad! I'm 8 days post op and I kept wondering why I didn't feel any pain in the surgical/pelvic area. Then, 2 days ago, WHAM! Tons of pain, starting with aching and progressing to stop-me-in-my-tracks, can hardly breathe, cramping. How can it feel like my most awful period cramps with no uterus? The pain radiated up in into my upper stomach. I was back on pain pills and even took one at 9 yesterday morning. Got pain under control a little after that. Told by nurse not to walk yesterday, just rest all day and that really helped. If I had had a temp reading like you did I would have done the same thing you did. As it was, the pain pills made me sweat and my best friend was the heating pad (to the point of missed sleep) so I wouldn't have trusted a thermometer reading.

I'm still nervous about the possibility of that level of pain returning but but if it does I won't be so scared next time - the value of repeat performance! Go easy on yourself, of course you're not an expert in this one-time experience! Wishing you the best in your recovery.
Unread 09-10-2014, 08:03 AM

I felt stupid too, but you know it's better to find out that it was just normal pains than to not go and have it be something serious. I'm glad yours was nothing!
Unread 09-10-2014, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Hello Ladies,

Thanks for listening!!
well it will be 12 days for me on friday ,so far so good except
this stupid cold i got and its really hard trying to still recover
from my surgery, i do get sweaty and clammy at night,but
one im not sure of yet ,i been taking these pills are coulace
i been going to the bathroom ,but the smorning i took one
not even seconds omg did i got sick i thought forsure i thought i had to call 911 felt like was gonna pass out,but as
soon i got sick ,i felt fine could it be those pills.any suggestions.thanks
Unread 09-10-2014, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo68 View Post
well it will be 12 days for me on friday ,so far so good except
this stupid cold i got and its really hard trying to still recover
from my surgery, i do get sweaty and clammy at night,but
one im not sure of yet ,i been taking these pills are coulace
i been going to the bathroom ,but the smorning i took one
not even seconds omg did i got sick i thought forsure i thought i had to call 911 felt like was gonna pass out,but as
soon i got sick ,i felt fine could it be those pills.any suggestions.thanks
I've been taking Colace for a week now, twice a day, no bad effects. Also drinking dandelion tea (to help encourage BMs). Have had BMs every day like clockwork since 2 days postop except for yesterday due to taking 3 pain pills. I'd look for other causes of your vomiting.
Unread 09-10-2014, 08:59 AM

[sQUOTE=KamakaRainbow;4450920]I've been taking Colace for a week now, twice a day, no bad effects. Also drinking dandelion tea (to help encourage BMs). Have had BMs every day like clockwork since 2 days postop except for yesterday due to taking 3 pain pills. I'd look for other causes of your vomiting.[/quote]

thank you , yeah i go pretty much everyday as well , i wonder if it my cold is causing the issue.
Unread 09-11-2014, 07:39 PM

Hello Ladies,

So Doctor called me today said that she received my CT scan and blood work reports. She said that my white blood count is elevated and that there's swelling at incision site at vaginal opening. So she feels I have an infection there and is putting me on an antibiotic. Hopefully this will help with the pain I'm having. Just started the antibiotic. I'll keep you posted. Thank you for all your responses and for listening!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register