Nearing week 4 post hysterectomy and still very touch sensitive? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nearing week 4 post hysterectomy and still very touch sensitive? Nearing week 4 post hysterectomy and still very touch sensitive?

Unread 09-11-2016, 09:15 AM
Nearing week 4 post hysterectomy and still very touch sensitive?

Hello every one! I was cleared for 'light exercise' for week 3 of recovery. I am now at the end of that very exhausting week. I did a lot of walking, some gardening and a lot of household chores. Think I definitely overdid it on day one as I was sore and fall asleep by 8 pm. I tried to be a bit more cautious the rest of the week but am having a lot of back pain and fatigue. Had some twingey pains that I am assuming are probably ovulation. However, my skin around the surgical site is still very touch sensitive. The incisions themselves seem fairly healed and can with stand a day amount of pressure but the skin around them feel sore if things rub against it. I am not sure if it is a reaction to the adhesive of the steri strips (which have been off for some time) or if it is from being stretched by the gas... It doesn't appear to be red or irritated just very sensitive. Anyone else had similar? This coming Monday will be the first day of week 4.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-11-2016, 09:44 AM
Re: Nearing week 4 and still very touch sensitive?

Hi there! It is normal during this stage of recovery. Although everything is healed on the outside, we are still healing on the inside. I think this healing on the inside can make the skin a little sensitive on the outside. I had a TLH with a 3" bikini incision and notice the touch sensitivity at this point more with the bikini incision because my underwear and sometimes pants touch it. I noticed some sensitivity early on with the keyhole incision above my belly button, since I think they used this one more than the others. I have not noticed any major sensitivity with this one recently. Give it some time, although we have been released for some activities we are still healing internally at 4 weeks and will continue to for a few months.

With the back pain, be careful that your back is not overcompensating for your abs. Your abs are likely still weak from surgery and not being used during early recovery. As you start doing more everyday things and using your core, this should ease. Fatigue was my friend for a while and still continues to find me when I increase my activities. I just listen to my body, if I'm not at work, and just take a nap if my dog let's me share the couch.

Hang in there and rest well!
Unread 09-11-2016, 10:30 AM
Nearing week 4 post hysterectomy and still very touch sensitive?

Thank you! That puts my mind at ease. I suppose I need to keep reminding myself even though I feel fine, I did have an organ removed! It'll take a while to heal. Yes, I'm pretty sure there has been overcompensation with my back. I am going to try and do a few core exercises when I have the energy to try and strengthen everything up again.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register