14 days and they are screaming by!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

14 days and they are screaming by!!!! 14 days and they are screaming by!!!!

Unread 11-06-2000, 10:22 PM
14 days and they are screaming by!!!!

Ok ladies here I am and only 14 days to go. Any wonderful words of wisdom would be really nice about now,or anything that you wanna tell me that you think I atta know?LOL And I do have a question for those of us that have had children is the pain the same or worse I kinda want a comparision. Something I can relate with. Is that even the same kinda pain? Ok so enough I was just wanting to know. Love and hugs to all in the land of hyster.
~Dori~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2000, 10:48 PM

Dori=
You didn't state how you had your children vaginally or section. I had sections and although hyster is more complicated, the abdominal incision and pain from it was about the same.
You also didn't mention whether you are getting TAH or TVH.
Words of wisdom, huh? Best advice I can give you is the last 2 wks. are the hardest. Your mind runs wild with all the what ifs, fears, and questions. These two weeks are truely the hardest part of your hyster. Just know that anything you are feeling or thinking we all have been through.
Unread 11-06-2000, 11:51 PM

I am coming up on 6 weeks post from a TVH with anterior and posterior repair or Cystocelle and Rectocelle as the doctors call it. I found this wonderful place about two weeks before my surgery and discovered a wealth of good information and advice from ladies who had already walked the path.

The best thing they told me was to NOT panic if the house wasn't spotless before I went in. A well-rested sister makes a better patient. One sister suggested that I set up a place for things like a kettle, tea bags, hot apple cider mix, and snacky things near my bedroom as I was going to be alone for the first few days during the daytime. This advice was a godsend. I have a 3 level home with my bedroom and the bathroom on the 3rd floor. Stairs are really difficult the first few days home.

Make sure to take your pain medication for the first while when you are supposed to NOT as needed. If your body starts to hurt before you take your meds you have not done it any help in the healing process. Make sure to get lots of naps and rent some movies that you want to watch. I am an avid reader but found that my mind was rather fuzzy from the anesthetic for the first week or so after getting home so movies were an easy alternative.

Wear loose comfortable clothes. If you push yourself too much you will find that your tummy swells up and it can be very uncomfortable to be wearing binding clothes. Don't throw away your pads yet either. You will probably need them for a few weeks (panti-liners are okay but if you are having a TVH you may have some perenium stitches). You will in all likelihood have some discharge as the healing process occurs. Pay attention to it. It will get heavier if you push yourself.

And most importantly, don't feel guilty about sitting about! You only have one chance to heal. The vacuuming, ironing, dishes, shopping, etc can wait. You are the only one who will actually SEE the dust and dirty floors, the kids and DH don't really notice it.

I hope these ideas will come in handy for you. Here's wishing you fast healing from your surgery but not rushed healing if you catch my drift.

erratika aka Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-07-2000, 06:43 AM
thanks!!!!

Ok Kat all were vaginal but I have had my gallbladder removed and exploratory surgery in 1989 and have a verticle scar 16inches long that goes around my belly button. That was the worst of all my surgeries. My hysterectomy is LAVH. I was asking more or less for both because it is possibe that mine will turn into an abdominal. So I was wondering in comparision to both vaginal and c-section. This sight is wonderful and I know we all feel pain different, but thought that I could get a gereral idea of what to expect. This is a wonderful site and I love all the advice I've found. God bless you all pre and post. ~Dori~

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register