7 week post-op check tomorrow what shall I ask? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

7 week post-op check tomorrow what shall I ask? 7 week post-op check tomorrow what shall I ask?

Unread 06-05-2005, 09:57 AM
7 week post-op check tomorrow what shall I ask?

Hi tomorrow is my check up with the surgeon (consultant) past experience tells me he will smile a lot ask daft questions and not listen much! What should I be prepared to ask him about. The thought of it makes me nervous and then my mind goes blank, and I usually walk away wishing I had asked lot's more. This will be the last time I see him, so I don't want to leave anything out.I would be grateful for anyones suggestions and experiences.xxxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2005, 10:32 AM

My questions related to:

1. HRT or not to HRT - pros and cons, options etc.
2. I wanted to know if my doctor who is an ob/gyn would be the doctor I would continue with through menopause and HRT questions etc. or if I had to find a different doctor now for those issues.
3. I asked about being released for sex, exercise, work
4. I asked about restrictions such as lifting, housework, bending
5. I asked about what could happen after sex (bleeding, pain) and when I should call and what is normal
6. I asked about pap smears and how often
7. I told her what vitamins and herbs I was taking and the doses. I asked her how much and what kinds I needed to take to protect against osteoporosis and to help with menopause.
8. I asked her about doing abdominal exercises and what kind
9. We discussed health issues I was still dealing with and whether they were surgery or menopause related or something else.
Unread 06-05-2005, 10:36 AM

Thankyou kscop! HRT is such a huge area, I don't even know what the side effects are to mine, as the leaflet was'nt in the packaging! I don't even know how long it takes to get in your system or how long before you notice any side effects, I suppose that will be number 1 on my list of questions. Generally though I feel pretty good, just tired and a bit moody. Hopefully he will ask me some questions to clear my brain fog. Thanks again xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2005, 10:39 AM

Yes I went through the general questions first and then after she did a pelvic exam and looked at my scar we spent 30 minutes discussing the different kinds of HRT, options if no HRT, risks etc.
Unread 06-05-2005, 10:46 AM

Was the pelvic exam uncomfortable? I'm a bit nervous about being pulled or prodded. Before I had my surgery my consultant suggested I lost some wieght before my op, it was a bit insensitive of him as I had spent a year working really hard to lose 4 stones, and felt quite pleased with myself, until he commented that I still needed to lose more. I know that I have put on some wieght since my surgery, because my tummy feels bloated and I have'nt had much exercise! I'm not keen on having a pelvic exam at all.
Unread 06-05-2005, 10:50 AM

I can only speak about my pelvic. The doctor put in the scapulum to open up the area and looked at my cuff. That didn't hurt for me. Then she put her hand in and felt around to see if anything was hurting. I had one area that hurt on the left side where it was still healing. Everything else was fine and didn't hurt. It only took a few minutes. We spent the rest of the time talking about my questions and HRT options.
Unread 06-05-2005, 10:55 AM

Thankyou! I have just read the link above mine about this subject and I feel much better now. I have always found internals difficult, but never connected that it might be because of my retroverted uterus! now I don't have one it should be bliss!! This site is great I have found out more from other women's experiences than any doctor.
Unread 06-05-2005, 11:10 AM

I just read the other thread too and saw your post. I had a tipped uterus too but pelvics were never painful for me except for the procedures where they put a light inside you. They never could get it in and kept having to push which became uncomfortable especially as my fibroid got bigger.

By the way, I laughed because I first typed "I have a tipped uterus..." and had to go back and change it to "I HAD a tipped uterus..."!
Unread 06-05-2005, 11:13 AM

I keep making the same mistake! Last night I told my husband I had an ache in my left ovary! i know you can have phantom pregnancies, I hope you can't have phantom uterus" or ovaries! Ahh the thought terrifies me, after the relief of seeing the back of them. xx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register