Experiences With Toradol? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Experiences With Toradol? Experiences With Toradol?

Unread 05-02-2014, 06:01 PM
Experiences With Toradol?

I'm having an abdominal myomectomy a week from today, and I'm feeling VERY scared about how much pain I'm going to be in when I wake up.

My surgeon said that my pain will be managed with a local anesthetic that she puts in the incision, and then I will be on IV toradol. I believe that I'll also have a dialaudid a pca pump, but she thinks that between the local and the toradol, I probably won't need to use it. (I actually would prefer not to have an opiate because I REALLY hate feeling sedated/groggy.)

I'm just nervous because, though I'd prefer not to be on an opiate, everyone I know who's had this surgery has been on one. Have any of you had an open myo with toradol for pain management? How was it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2014, 10:41 PM
Re: Experiences With Toradol?

Dilaudid works well. I had it after I had my craniotomy in pill form. If it worked that well in pill form then I think if you're going to be getting it IV, so far as post operative pain is concerned, you don't have anything to be concerned about.

Good luck with your surgery.
Unread 05-03-2014, 07:30 AM

I have had experience with Toradol given as a rescue for migraine. Several times I have had them where my normal triptans didn't work and I had to got to urgent care, also after my appendectomy because narcotics and or anesthesia give me migraine. They give me a 60 mg injection and the migraine is usually gone within 20 to 30 minutes. That is much faster than any triptans works for me. I also was given Toradol injection post ablation which kept me from having any pain for several hours. I think if you are getting it IV it will probably do the trick. Dilaudid works very well for pain. I was given for kidney stones and pre appendectomy, but it gives me a terrible headache and then I need the Toradol injection. I think you will be just fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2014, 10:39 AM

IV toradol is amazing. I had it after major surgery, and I was up walking the halls the next day. I let my pain meds lapse because I was feeling so great, and was in a world of pain that night, but IV toradol relieved it amazingly fast. It is wonderful stuff.
Unread 05-03-2014, 03:43 PM

I think Toradol is a great painkiller. I don't like how opiates make me feel either, especially a high dose for severe pain. I will use them if I have to. When I had my hysterectomy, I had them stop my IV painkillers quick after my hysterectomy, but I loved the toradol. I took oral narcotics, but I think the toradol helped more.
Unread 05-03-2014, 04:34 PM

There is also oral Toradol.
Unread 05-03-2014, 10:15 PM

Oral toradol did nothing for me, while IV and IM toradol worked wonders! Maybe it would work great with others?
Unread 05-04-2014, 04:28 AM

I have not tried it either. They are 10 mg., my injections for migraine were 60 mg.
Unread 05-04-2014, 05:45 AM

Toradol IV after my LSH was amazing. No extra pain meds were needed. I came home next day and only took Hydrocodone every 6 hours for two more days. Pain free even then and decided I have a blessed surgeon. No more mess. I highly recommend TORADOL.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register