Im not sure if im in right area | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Im not sure if im in right area Im not sure if im in right area

Unread 06-22-2016, 04:50 PM
Im not sure if im in right area

IM new and wanting, craving advice on what to do and why its good or bad. My surgery is not scheduled yet, doc doing a endoscope first to see what the black spots on uterus are he say 90% sure scare tissue from old surgery but wants no surprises when he opens me up. I have a lot of pre surgery questions.... im not very computer savvy. so im sorry if in wrong spot point me to right direction thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2016, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbel123 View Post
IM new and wanting, craving advice on what to do and why its good or bad. My surgery is not scheduled yet, doc doing a endoscope first to see what the black spots on uterus are he say 90% sure scare tissue from old surgery but wants no surprises when he opens me up. I have a lot of pre surgery questions.... im not very computer savvy. so im sorry if in wrong spot point me to right direction thanks
What surgery do u have questions about? Will it b a hysterectomy and if so what kind?
Unread 06-22-2016, 07:30 PM
Re: Im not sure if im in right area

Hi tbel123 to HysterSisters!

I am glad you found this site.

You say your surgery is not scheduled yet, but you did put a date down. Are you going to have a hysterectomy, but just not sure of the date yet? Or is it uncertain if you are even going to have a hysterectomy? If you answer these questions for me, I can make sure you are in the correct area.

Having a hysterectomy can be such an overwhelming experience. I know it is hard to know where to start. You may want to start by clicking on this link. It will take you to our pre-op page which will provide you with some basic information.

You can post your questions right here, and we will try to answer them for you. You are not alone in this - we are here for you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2016, 02:08 PM

yes im having a hysterectomy , just not sure of date yet. or what kind to have . it seems to be my choice. im wondering if I should leave my cervices or have them take it. what are the pro and cons.
also which surgery should I go for...
Unread 06-23-2016, 03:49 PM

Quote:
yes im having a hysterectomy , just not sure of date yet. or what kind to have . it seems to be my choice. im wondering if I should leave my cervices or have them take it. what are the pro and cons.
Some of that depends on the reasons why you're having a hysterectomy. For example, my hysterectomy was for endometrial cancer, so removing the cervix wasn't a question - it had to go. My ovaries and Fallopian tubes were removed as well because estrogen feeds this kind of cancer. And I had abdominal surgery with a vertical incision because my surgeon wanted plenty of room to look around for any signs that the cancer had spread.
Unread 06-23-2016, 05:28 PM

Quote:
I had a laproscopic hysterectomy and had my uterus tubes and cervix removed....the surgery went really well and in talking to the nurses at the hospital they all said they feel this was the best form of the surgery to have done (vs vaginal and the big incision)....I am glad I had my cervix removed as I now don't have to have pap tests or worry about cervical cancer. I did alot of asking questions of the nurses and Dr as my friend is having a hysterectomy in the coming months and wanted to know all she could about other procedures. I am now just over 5 weeks and feel 100% most of the time (the odd sharp mild pain in lower abdomen if I use my muscles). I have my 6 week check next week and expect it to go really well. I have even broke a couple of the 'rules' b4 getting clearance lol and things are still very good (although I was very careful about it (walking my very strong pitbull who like ls to pull and cutting the grass).

Hope this helps!
Unread 06-23-2016, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Having your cervix removed can really depend on your situation. Here are 10 Questions to Help You Decide about the Cervix. Here also is information on your keeping your ovaries.

The surgery type depends on your health situation and your doctor. It normally is not something you select. Here is some basic hysterectomy information. This will give you a good idea of what is happening, the different types of surgeries, and some of the terminology.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register