the padded ???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

the padded ???? the padded ????

Unread 09-15-2002, 03:03 PM
the padded ????

I'm just about packed for the castle on the 24th. I only have one thing I really have to get. What kind of pads? I know every princess varies but how much does one usually bleed? I have some left, I think they are for lightdays. When I go to the store I just stare and get overwhelmed. I think there is only 25 different kinds to chose from.

:run3:

thanks a bunch,
Melissa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2002, 03:33 PM
pads

Just to let you know, I stocked up on pads(moderate duty flow) right before my trip to the castle, and I am happy to report I have not needed ANY of them! I had a TAH 09/09 so I am six days post-op...I had some bleeding the first two days in the hospital...they had put a pad on me while I was still under anesthesia. The first time I got up, which was the next morning, I had some bleeding, the nurses delt with it, changed the pad, and I really haven't had bleeding or discharge since! Yea! I would still advise you to pack a few, but hopefully they won't be needed.
FlossBoss/Molly
Unread 09-15-2002, 03:37 PM
Just can speak for myself

I needed something more than just for Lightdays- I bought the longer ones they use in the hospitlas. It helped to since you are lying alot. (of course they look like a mini baby bed matress)lol but they work well for this.
Just my opinion-
Hope it helps-
runabout
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2002, 03:52 PM
the padded ????

Hi Melissa,
It is good that you are getting packed already. One less thing you will have to deal with....
I used to use the thin maxi with wings and had about half a pack left from the month before but I found that I didnt bleed much after my surgery. The hospital ones are thick and I used that.....they put one on me after surgery and later that night when I was able to get out of bed, I put on my thin pads. Didnt need a maxi really tho but they did give me the panty coverage i was comfortable with.
I had only light pink discharge for a couple days in and out of the castle, then nothing since....but agreeing with you that we are all different.
I would say buy one package of something you are comfortable using and you can always either give them away when you are done needing them to someone that still has her cycles, or keep left overs for other uses...

Unread 09-15-2002, 04:35 PM
the padded ????

Hello-I didn't bring any. After surgery I woke up with the beautiful net underwear and a large pad. But after I was awake a bit, they took all that off and just put a thing like a dish towel kinda on the bed under me. I kept getting checked, so that was easier and alot cooler!! My hospital bathroom was also "stocked" with a bunch of pads & stuff. I bleed just a little, really not much, never even got any on the pad thing on my bed. Kind of spotty only lasted two days. I was ever so grateful for that!! I could not have taken anymore!! Sounds like you have it pretty much together, best of luck!!
Unread 09-16-2002, 03:12 PM
the padded ????

I went into the hospital on my period and didnt even come home with a pad of any kind! You will get one after surgery but I trashed mine the next day. I never bled a drop. I asked my doc about it when he came to talk to me... he said if I bled he would give me a refund!! I think he had some confidence in his work!
Unread 09-16-2002, 03:27 PM
The padded??

Hi, Melissa!
Well, I just scrubbed my stove top and was on my way upstairs to vacuum the guest closet before my mother gets here- took a break to check my new favorite website. YOU'RE PACKED ALREADY?? I thought I was doing pretty well! I'm back to work!
p.s. I refuse to buy more pads unless I absolutely HAVE to!!
Unread 09-16-2002, 05:26 PM
the padded ????

My Dr. told me today to expect "end of period bleeding" -- being that I don't bleed much, I guess I'm not expecting much? Glad you asked, I wasn't really comfortable asking! Happy you got the responses you did, so I don't have ask again! Can I just sound off on the subject and say I started my period 5 days from surgery -- and *3 days early*?? I am giving away tampons, extra pads (leftover from castle if I need any at all), and condoms as party favors at my ovaries' going away party! And can I second "you're already packed???" Maybe I'm missing something, I just want something comfy to come home in, my rhinestone tiara (and I'm not kidding about that) and maybe a toothbrush... guess I have some more research to do before Saturday! Glad I read this posting!
Good luck, Melissa -- if I can email between the time I get home from the castle and the time you go in, I'll let you know what I learn about the pad situation!
Unread 09-16-2002, 06:32 PM
the padded ????

Hi
I had a TAH BSO last Monday. I bled some when I went to get out of bed for the first time. Nurses cleaned it up. I put a pad on (Kotex Maxi) and only spotted lightly for 2 days. No bleeding at all from the time I came home. That was my experience. Hope it helps.
Unread 09-17-2002, 12:06 AM
Don't give away all your pads just yet!

Some women develop granulation tissue which tends to cause light bleeding and drainage. Granulation tissue is generally not serious and usually resolves with a couple of silver nitrate treatments. I am 18 days post-op and have needed to use panty liners every day since the surgery. I'm going in tomorrow for a quick check and probably will end up with a silver nitrate treatment on the vaginal cuff.

Hopefully you will not need the pads like many of the sisters who responded before me, but if you do, I don't think you'll need the big ones. Also, the drainage seems to be worse when I have been more physically active.

Hope this helps...just wanted you to know that light bleeding/discharge is possible. As always, be sure to keep your doctor informed of what is going on with you.

Wishing you all the best!
Jane

P.S. I read a great idea in an old post...give your left over pads and tampons to a women's shelter. (But not until well after your surgery!)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register