Pre-Op tomorrow and Surgery 2/12 ! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-Op tomorrow and Surgery 2/12 ! Pre-Op tomorrow and Surgery 2/12 !

Unread 02-05-2007, 02:52 PM
Pre-Op tomorrow and Surgery 2/12 !

Ok guys, I have my pre-op tomorrow and for the life of me I cannot think of any more questions to add to the list I got off here, but I know I have thought of some, LOL. One week until surgery and I am terrifed that it will either get cancled or I will have a heart attack before then! I can't sleep, every time I eat I get an upset stomach. I am snappy. Also I am on topamax, will they let me take that the night before? I take it for migrains. Lets see, what else? How much gas x do I need and do I need to take it to the hostpital too? or will they give it to me there? Are you allowed to take pain meds up until the night before? What is the best laxatives for a Bm after surgery at home? I am so sorry I am just binging off the walls!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2007, 03:00 PM

You need a post op person to answer your questions- but I thought I'd just wish you the best. My surgery is the 13th and my post-op is Wednesday. In the same boat you are. Why not add those questions to your list for the doc? Even if you get good posts here, it is likely the doc will have some thoughts about all that too.

I am a little bouncy too....filling my time with cleaning. It has been good, organizing things, cooking, and walking. I also have a "preparing for surgery" visualization that I have been doing that has helped calm me. We'll see how I do as I get closer.

Be well...feel free to email or PM me, if I can help or you just need to vent.

Unread 02-05-2007, 03:06 PM

The thing is you can't post on the post -op board until after your surgery, lol. So I though I would ask here. But I am just jumpy. almost skitish like at cat! Everything is on my nervers and I try to calm myself but I can't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2007, 03:16 PM

Lots of the post op gals post here...you'll get some answers.

Do you like music? Try some soothing music in a quiet place for a little while. Turn off the phone, light some candles and sit in a comfy chair and breath deeply. Envision all the things you'll be able to do once you have healed from the surgery.

If I get too jumpy- I go and excersise. Even walking (although I am in some pain) is good. Gets the excess energy out in a positive way. Believe it or not, I also dance. Just alone- put on some boogie music and let yourself go. Pretty soon you are smiling just at the thought that you are doing it. It works.

More than anything- embrace your feelings. Being anxious is very normal. Being snappy is too- I have found myself distancing from loved one "in case" something happens. Just acknowledge it- keep the lines of communication open with folks and talk to your doc about all of this. It is in his/her (and your) best interest to be as calm as you can before surgery. Often they'll give you something to help.

Be well...hang in there. It WILL be okay, and you'll get throught this!

Unread 02-05-2007, 04:18 PM

My surgery is on Wednesday and I am so terrified I am thinking of canceling. All your questions should be answered by your doctor. I take ultram for my back pain and they told me I could take it up to the night before. Best wishes.
Unread 02-05-2007, 04:26 PM

Hi ya'll...I'm a post op so lets see if I can help answer some of your questions.....let start with laxatives...no no no no...stool softeners is what my dr. recommended...he said we want to soften the stool not make you crap yourself. I have a very blunt dr. and love him for it! For the topomax, that is something that you will want to ask them about. My dr. told me NO medication of any kind prior to surgery. Gas X...I'm still using this, not much at this point. You can take your own or ask for it in the hospital. It's normal to be nervous, scared, etc. This is major surgery. Just a list of questions you want answers to and don't stop until your satisified! If there's anything else, feel free to pm me or email me or post here and I'll TRY to answer.

God Bless you all!!!

Wendy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register