Upcoming Hysterectomy (2/4) after failed ablation | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming Hysterectomy (2/4) after failed ablation Upcoming Hysterectomy (2/4) after failed ablation

Unread 01-19-2015, 01:21 AM
Upcoming Hysterectomy (2/4) after failed ablation

hi ladies, I'm a newbie to this wonderful forum. In May 2012 I had a ablation and in August 2913 everything started to go abit down hill for me health wise. It started with excruciating migraines, nausea, dizziness, then onto abdominal pain, burning pain, painful sex and frequent urination. I've had mris, ct scans and ultra sounds and thankfully all clear. In May 2014 I have emergency laparoscopy and the consultant feels I have hematometra and gave me 3 monthly injection of decapeptyl. In September I was back in hospital with same pain and he gave me another injection and I agreed to the hysterectomy. Can I ask any ladies if they felt better after their operation as I'm really scared, not sleeping and having bad headaches. I feel so lonely and sad, big hugs to you all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2015, 06:28 AM
Re: Hysterectomy after failed ablation

Hi Foxy, and welcome! I also had a failed ablation in 2012. I didn't suffer all the problems you have since the procedure, but I did have increased cramping and terrible bleeding. I was anemic because my periods were so heavy. Not to mention not being able to leave the house at times, and not being able to sleep through the night because of constantly having to deal with my period (or else risk making a big mess in the bed). I had my hysterectomy in July of last year and I've had no problems or complications. Mine was supracervical so I still have my cervix; I also have both ovaries. I feel wonderful! This surgery gave me my life and health back.

It's normal to be nervous about a major surgery like this but if you truly need it, it almost always helps. Best of luck, and we're here for you!
Unread 01-19-2015, 01:20 PM

HappyDee thank you x you reply and info has been a great comfort. You sounded as if you went through it aswell and I'm soooo pleased you have made a lovely recovery and gave got your life back, it's given me some confidence take care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-19-2015, 02:00 PM

Hi Foxy, I'm a newbie and I too had a failed ablation and I'm in the process of scheduling my TAH and BSO, and frankly I can't wait. I'm tired of the horrible pain and extremely heavy bleeding and anemia. My cousin went through the same surgery last year and sailed right through it, and she says its the best decision she has ever made.

I am so sorry to hear all you have gone through. I can understand your feeling sad and scared, it's a big decision to have this surgery. But now that you've made the decision that you feel is right for you, I pray all goes well and you feel better than you have ever felt once you recover. Take it easy on yourself and take time to heal afterwards
Unread 01-19-2015, 02:10 PM

Hi Foxy, I had an ablation this past December and I never got the chance to see if it was successful or not because the D&C beforehand uncovered complex atypical hyperplasia and I am schedule for a LAVH and BSO in three weeks. I understand your nervousness and sadness...I feel them too, but feel like everything happens for a reason. I know all will work out for you!
Unread 01-19-2015, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGordon View Post
Hi Foxy, I'm a newbie and I too had a failed ablation and I'm in the process of scheduling my TAH and BSO, and frankly I can't wait. I'm tired of the horrible pain and extremely heavy bleeding and anemia. My cousin went through the same surgery last year and sailed right through it, and she says its the best decision she has ever made.

I am so sorry to hear all you have gone through. I can understand your feeling sad and scared, it's a big decision to have this surgery. But now that you've made the decision that you feel is right for you, I pray all goes well and you feel better than you have ever felt once you recover. Take it easy on yourself and take time to heal afterwards
Thank you for you lovely response and I wish you a wonderful recovery for your up and coming surgery.
Unread 01-19-2015, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlb70 View Post
Hi Foxy, I had an ablation this past December and I never got the chance to see if it was successful or not because the D&C beforehand uncovered complex atypical hyperplasia and I am schedule for a LAVH and BSO in three weeks. I understand your nervousness and sadness...I feel them too, but feel like everything happens for a reason. I know all will work out for you!
Thank you and I wish you a wonderful recovery. All the lovely positivity I have received has been truly helpful x
Unread 01-19-2015, 10:17 PM

Me too! Never got to see how effective my ablation was. My pathology from a sample taken on the table before the ablation came back Complex Hyperplasia with Aypia. I had a hysterectomy less then 2 months later. The great news was that the final pathology from that surgery was all clear. I feel way better and love not having a period anymore!
Unread 01-22-2015, 01:01 AM

Thank you lovely ladies for all your replies, it has really helped

I've had my pre-op assessment and feel a bit better but I keep having nasty palpitations so I've it to keep calm which us easier said than done for me.

Dealing with horrible headaches more and more along with nausea, leg pains and terrible fatigue. Can't stay awake at night and then awake at 4 am. My mum thinks I might have adenomyosis or endo like she did, but nothing has shown on any scan so I'm doubtful.

This is a fantastic site and full of such great support and positivity.

Hugs x
Unread 01-22-2015, 01:27 AM

my doc tried to get me to do ablation and i went straight for TAH and he supported me. after reading this I'm so thankful i made the choice i did. 1 week post op adn i feel better than i ever did with that angry uterus that i had. do not be nervous! I had TAH (kept my cervix and right ovary) and i wouldn't have done it any other way! trust you doc to do their job and trust your body to be strong and heal! it's only up from here! good luck and hope you have an easy/ quick recovery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register