? on post-op pain management | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

? on post-op pain management ? on post-op pain management

Unread 07-17-2007, 06:11 PM
? on post-op pain management

I am going to the castle the 19th at 6am, surgery is at 7am. When I did the pre-op at the hospital last thursday, they said I had a choice of either a epidural (sp?) or a pump with pain medication, they said that the epidural would be in 24-48 hours and they would start weening me off of it and working in other pain medication such as demeral or moriphine as needed. I am not sure which way to go, they said that the epidural would block the worst of the pain that first 24-48 hours. So not sure what to think, knew yall would be able to give me a little more insight into it. Thanks the very nervous -Lori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2007, 07:24 PM

I was given the same choice by the anesthegiologist and he said I could decide the morning of surgery. I asked my surgeon and she didn't really have a strong opinion one way or the other. The anesth guy seemd to really be pushing the epidural. I chose the pump option, which was also in about 36 hours and then I started oral pain meds. They worked great too. I just didn't chose the epidural for a whimpy reason, which is I had one with my oldest daughter (35 years ago) and didn't care for it and couldn't face someone sticking something in my back again. I have a very good memory on this I am sure it is a great way for pain relief and anesthesia too but I chose the other option.

Hang in there! Almost on the other side.

See you soon!!
Unread 07-17-2007, 11:55 PM

i have my surgery sept 12th. I am going to choose the pump. I had last year cosmetic surgery, tummy tuck, lipo & breast lift with implants and now i wish i took the pump. Have had in the pas two children with bot c-sections and i did epidurmal on both. Times a changing and the pum is good choice instead of the needle in the back.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register