Looking for some good news - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Looking for some good news Looking for some good news

Unread 10-01-2003, 12:07 AM
sister-in-law

My new Girlfriends,

Thank you all so much. I feel SO-O-O much better!! I especially want to thank Enjoli, Mam and flowersam for you words of encouragement! You are all wonderful! My DH agrees that sister-in-law is a real B.... And I've been ordered not to speak with her again...at least until after.
My date is October 21. I'll be operated on in Belgium because I live and teach overseas. It is two days after I return from Egypt for vacation. Dr. thought the vacation just before the surgery would be a great way to get my mind off worries!! I'll be in the castle for one week then I have 5 weeks off work. I'm planning on being spoiled by DH!!
Girls, keep up the positive spirits! We all need them!

Lizke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2003, 03:26 AM
Looking for some good news

Looks like you have LOTS of replies to read so I'll keep mine BRIEF...at almost 12 weeks post-op I am SOOOOO happy to have had TAH/BSO! Easy recovery and I feel better than before. My tips: Have a great surgeon that you trust, consider spinal and/or epidural anesthesia if your doc agrees, WALK as soon as you can, and check out lots of books to enjoy during recovery. This website was invaluable and I am GLAD that I knew the "good, the bad, and the ugly" things about other people's experiences...I have not had anything happen that I didn't read about here. This is a surgery and a recovery that really does seem to affect everyone very differently and I was happy to be prepared for anything! Good luck.
Unread 10-06-2003, 05:22 PM
SO happy to post here

I was so happy to post in this thread .. I was hopeing along with all of the others that posted, to bring "HOPE" and "SUPPORT" to all of the LIW ... ((See we can do it )).. Some heal faster then others, but all in all, in time we all can say ---> WE MADE IT
My Best Wishes to all of the ladies that had to face, or are getting ready to face this surgery ... May God look down on all of you ..
I am 6 weeks post op now, and I am feeling almost 100% ...
Enjoli

~*Mary B*~
Unread 10-06-2003, 08:31 PM
Sex Drive question

I had TAH/BSO on 9/4 and will be seeing dr. in a couple weeks so she can clear me to have sex. But I have to tell you I feel no different in any way. I am not on any HRT and have not had any hot flashes or weird dry vaginal feelings or anything. Mind you my husband and I have not had sex yet, but I don't feel I've lost my sex drive. It's only been a month and I may need HRT in the future, but right now am just using natural progesterone cream - my dr. recommended it and there is a lot of positive stuff on internet about it. Everyone is different, but I appear to have no less estrogen than before surgery and EVERYTHING was taken. Many women warn of dire stuff after hyst - especially those who never had one! None of us take this lightly - no one has a hyst for no reason - sure we could live with endless bleeding, pain, giant fibroids FOREVER, but why should we? Don't let someone scare you - and get all the info you can before you make your decision. I know I won't regret my hyst because I had no choice, I was not about to live in misery forever, and with all my symptoms there was no other way to guarantee the bleeding and fibroids would be gone forever.
Lisa
Unread 10-07-2003, 12:23 AM

Keep sending those positive vibes our way! My suitcase for vacation is packed and my suitcase for the castle is packed, too! I've decided to tel the Dr. to keep the one ovary that is good (if it still looks good when he actually sees it) and keep my cervix, if he can.
I'm exercising with weights at home trying to be in tip-top shape for the surgery. I've printed out copies of the Post-Op exercises from Jane (?) to take to the castle with me. I've even tried practicing a few of them now so I won't have to struggle trying to figure them out later!
Enjoli and Mam, you two have been like true sisters for me. (()) Your encouragement has helped me sleep at night.
God Bless you both! And all the other sisters who have helped me out, too!!
Unread 10-07-2003, 08:48 AM

Dear Lizke,

I’m so glad to see you are no longer scared as when I first seen your post it kind of upset me as I know what I had to go trough with people tell me bad stuff. I’m now, will be after 4pm today, 2 weeks post op and I’m doing everything as I did before. I been driving since last week, I was going shopping with my mom since the first week we just had to find someone to drive us. I got my 2 week check up tomorrow and I want to see if I still have to have restrictions as I fell fine even at night, here in the last few days I haven’t even been tired anymore. I know I should not lift anything heavy till I’m 6 weeks post up and I’m hoping he will up my limit to 10 pounds rater then the 5 I have now. Me and my MD had a nice talk in the hospital before he let me go on home on how he wanted me to gradually resume normal activity’s and how he didn’t want me to lay around all day and I most say I kinda looked at him like he was crazy but he was right after the first day home I was almost as good as new and now I do not even fell like I had a major surgery at all. I just make sure I walk a lot as that’s what he wanted me to do and I think it is a good change in my live to pick up walking.
So good luck to you and my thuds and prayers are with you and everyone that has to go down the rode I done traveled.

Connie
Unread 10-07-2003, 09:30 AM

I just had to read this thread again for the encouragement and hope that it expresses. I soooooo want a better life and if so many of you acheived it so can I!! I'm hoping it reamains warm here for awhile yet so I can celebrate my new, pain-free life on my special beach when I have recovered. That has been the saddest and hardest part of being so sick...missing out on the beach two and sometimes three weekends a month. I attended a big beach breakfast on the beach party (with eggs cooked to order even!) this past saturday...and after spending the day out there romping and frollicking I actually cried as we left. Partially because I would miss everyone there and the beach itself during my recovery...and partially because I KNOW that I will never have to miss out on that kind of fun EVER again!! Some of my beach friends even offered to design a tattoo to cover my scar if I don't like the way it heals! Tearing up just thinking of this. There is a new life waiting for me and ya'll are helping me see that this all will be worth it!!!

HUGE HUGGAGE!
Kim
Unread 10-07-2003, 04:05 PM

I just keep reminding myself that at least there won't be any crutches. Anything has to be easier without crutches.
Unread 10-16-2003, 11:02 AM
LOL mam

What a funny reply mam I am glad everyone is doing so well ... I am now 8 weeks post op, and wow what a 2weeks difference here, since my last post ... I am back to feeling ---> Me again it's hard to believe, I had surgey now. But I am still being careful not to lift anything heavy ... Some ladies have posted here before they had thir surgery .... and now are on the other side and doing well .. are answered .. I hope to see many more ladies posting, how they are doing after surgery ..
enjoli

~*Mary B*~

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register